Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

I'm completely new to PC's. I'm look at building a custom PC to run Arma 3 and stumbled upon this list. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight as to whether or not this set up would be suitable for running Arma 3? Any info would be great.

Be prepared for horrible performance.

That's not very helpful, but thanks anyway?

That's not very helpful, but thanks anyway?

I'm sorry, but thats the truth.

Btw, who recommended to you to buy an FX CPU?

u want the best cpu to run arma go for 4790k and at least 2400mhz ram speed..as for gpu 660ti can run this game max setting fine with no AA

This is the question that needs to be asked more often. This thread is mostly AMD FX users asking the same question and getting the same answer which is always "No, it'll be shit using your CPU".

u want the best cpu to run arma go for 4790k and at least 2400mhz ram speed..as for gpu 660ti can run this game max setting fine with no AA

Senseless to buy a HT CPU for Arma3, the Game wont use all 8 Cores of a 4790k. A 4690K should be enough and is over 100 bucks cheaper. When giving suggestions so please do it correct...

You would do much better sourcing a second hand i5 2500k and motherboard for the same cost, the performance will be far better. Also an older 6xx series GeForce will probably handle arma3 a little better for less money. Also I would look at getting a 120gb minimum ssd for Windows and arma, it doesn't increase fps but loading and streaming textures is far quicker which results in a much smoother game.

If you're building a machine specifically to play arma, be sensible and don't buy new unless you have pots of cash to throw away. It runs best on the fastest clocked Intel quad core you can afford and any gpu from a gtx660 upwards will play it on high/very high settings without a problem.

You want to buy this things on the list? Then prepare for low fps in Arma3. Sure is, Graphicscard is not really important in Arma, but a GTX 750? Cmon dude... Thats shit. I would suggest an Intel CPU and a Graphicscard at least GTX770

Hey guys,

I read in other forums that a performance path will come out. The posts are more than a year old. Did the performance patch increase the fps?

I'm sorry, but thats the truth.

Again, thank you for the great help. I've read people online using AMD 6300 and being able to work the system out to be able to play just fine. I don't care if I can't play on ultrahigh settings.

Again, thank you for the great help. I've read people online using AMD 6300 and being able to work the system out to be able to play just fine. I don't care if I can't play on ultrahigh settings.

You stated that you can change only the motherboard, so what help do you expect? You will have from little to much less performance in almost(or every game) compared to a similar priced core i3.

Even at 1km view distance, an overclocked FX provides poor perofrmance. Have fun to use 50% of your graphic cards power in ArmA 3!

You stated that you can change only the motherboard, so what help do you expect? You will have from little to much less performance in almost(or every game) compared to a similar priced core i3.

Even at 1km view distance, an overclocked FX provides poor perofrmance. Have fun to use 50% of your graphic cards power in ArmA 3!

A better answer? You could have tried to explain your reasoning, offer suggestions, tips for improving performance (however minimally), been generally more informative, and less meaninglessly blunt about three posts ago.

A better answer?

Changing your mainboard is gonna change the number of USB devices you can connect without buying a hub, the manufacturer of the network chip (nothing you should worry about unless you're designing mainboards), the colour of its RAM/PCIe slots and little else.

Seriously, a mainboard has exactly zero influence on how many fps you get in a certain game - if that mainboard fits your rig physically and has enough USB ports for your needs, you're good.

--

As for the AMD CPU:

Yes, you can make it work (especially if you're more focused on money than graphical fidelity). However, buying a similarly priced Intel CPU will yield you more performance in this game.

--

As for overclocking:

Unless you definitely want to use that rig in 10 years, do it.

As for overclocking:

Unless you definitely want to use that rig in 10 years, do it.

Thank you sir. I honestly don't plan on having the same cpu and motherboard in 10 years, since I imagine most of what I have will be grossly obsolete by then anyway.

Yo guys I wanna get a laptop that can get run ARMA 3 with no problems, any ideas on what I should get? I'm not looking to run the game at max settings but I'm also not looking for a bare-bones or minimum experience, so i guess I just want something that can run it at "medium" settings or whatever the default is. Basically I just want to be able to enjoy the game with no hiccups....any suggestions? I don't really know much about computers or laptops so just bear with me lol

Hi

Is my pc in a good configuration to run Arma 3?

i7-4790S

8GB, DDR3, 1600MHz (2x4GB)

HD 2TB, SATA (7200 RPM)

Win8

AMD Radeonâ„¢ R7 A265 2GB DDR3

Thanks!

I am thinking of getting a new gaming laptop so I can play Arma 3 just wondering if this is capable of running the game on High or Ultra form what I can tell it should be able to but then again I am not a computer expert... Here are the manufactures spec's.

Lenovo Y40-80

5.72 lbs( 2.6 kgs)

Windows 8.1 64

ClickPad

12.8in( 325 mm)

4 Cell 48 Watt Hour Li-Polymer

AMD Radeon R9 M275 2GB

Depot or Carry-in

5th Generation Intel Core i7-5500U Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 4MB)

Rack

SODIMM

2.9in( 74 mm)

18.9in( 481 mm)

8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L 1600 MHz

Bluetooth Version 4.0

One year

EN:English

1TB 5400 rpm

It may run ok but it's a 2.4ghz dual core processor and the hard drive is slow, I think you'll struggle to get decent frame rates.

It may run ok but it's a 2.4ghz dual core processor and the hard drive is slow, I think you'll struggle to get decent frame rates.

What would you recommend get a SSD instead of the standard hard drive and possibly a new graphics card, if i were to do that what do you think i would have a decent frame rate?

Hard Drive- 512GB SSD SATA III

Graphics- AMD Radeon R9 M275 4GB

Edited by Hunter6003

Switching to an ssd will help prevent stuttering in game but it won't increase fps. I think the gpu should be ok, won't run maximum settings but should be good for high with AA turned down.

The main problem is the cpu, it just isn't very fast and it's only got two cores. Granted arma3 only heavily uses 1 core but it will happily use 40% of the other three on a quad core. I think that it will get overwhelmed very quickly and drag the fps down with it.

Hello everyone!

I just want to start off saying that I am rather new to PC gaming so I am sorry if anything i say/ask is super stupid :)

I really want to get into Arma 3, but have been really hesitant due to questioning my PC performance ability. Currently I have DayZ and there are times where it is really hard to play due to performance (from what I have read, alpha is still having low performance for everyone) I just want to make sure that I will be able to have an enjoyable experience on Arma before I purchase the game.

Here are my PC specs:

HP Envy h8-1540t

CPU: i7-3820 quad core(3.6GHz I think)

PSU: 460W uATX PFC

GPC: AMD Padeon HD 7570 2gb

2TB SATA Hard Drive 7200rpm

12GB DDR3-1600 RAM

I think that covers all the specs (again, new to PC gaming). The PC is a "pre-made" that I ordered directly from HP with customization. I got it a year ago but if I recall correctly most of the components are "upgraded" parts (not base model/standard)

Im not looking to run ultra setting or anything but I was hoping for med-high with decent FPS (note; I do not plan on recording so I will not be running additional programs like FRAPS which I know drops FPS).

From what I have read, the GPC could use an upgrade (to a 7750?), but if I can avoid it I would rather not have to.

Thanks!

Upgrade the gpu and that should play it pretty well, if you aim for a gtx660 or above then it should be able to pull high - very high settings. The cpu will limit it slightly but without the ability to overclock it there's not a lot you can do about it.

Upgrade the gpu and that should play it pretty well, if you aim for a gtx660 or above then it should be able to pull high - very high settings. The cpu will limit it slightly but without the ability to overclock it there's not a lot you can do about it.

Do you think I can get by with the 7570 for now while I save for a better GPU or should I hold off until I get the GPU?

It will probably play, I wouldn't expect it to be pulling decent fps on higher resolution and settings. The game doesn't need a powerful gpu but I suspect the 7570 is holding the rest of the machine back.