Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

M41a available

I've released my M41a PulseRifle. You can download it here.

Next project: attaching tactical flashlights to weapons.

yay, best gun ever? You get the specs correct? 99rounds per mag, 8 rpgs held at max?

Does it fire RPGs? It should

Very nice, like the reload sounds with the grenade launcher, but doesn't it have a nice scope view or somethingomething high tech looking?

you gunna make a whole squad?

Marines have the M-4a4 pistol for people blessed with Resistance. (Bastards! j/k!wink.gif

Shotgun: Its not a standard issue weapon, but some marines bring their pet shotgun along cuz they favor it!

M-41a Pulse Rifle: Check

M-56 SmartGun: The smart gun has smart movement sensing auto-tracking, and fires the M250 10mm x 28 caseless rounds.

M-240 FlameThrower: Fat chance

M-6B rocket launcher. Hold 3 round per magazine, this is an Anti-aircraft weapon, but the marines use it for AT too, its just as capable!

M-92 Grenade Launcher: All i can say is it has 4 different grenade types, Proxy (script them maby?)

Timed (we'll just say impact!wink.gif

EMP (?confused.gif?confused.gif?)

Smart mines (if anybody can make a mine that has legs and runs to a target thats near it! I'll kiss my girlfriend!wink.gif

M-90 Minigun (wahoo!wink.gif

This bitch fires explosive rounds, this thing could go through a modern age tank in about 10 rounds, so the 1000 it holds are gunna be pritty useful! These are usualy attatched to light attack cars.

WY-102 Sniper Rifle

The UCMC is more of an Urban close combat group, and they arn't actualy issued this weapon, but they do find them somtimes, its made by Weyland-Yutani and fires a heavyer explosive round than the M-90. It IS from the aliens/predator universe!

it doesn't have a high tech sight, its infact got a more inacurate system than the M16, its called, take a pot shot!

If you watch the films the Marines only ever use the sight when they are clearing rooms, the moment the combat heats up they stop using it and just aim and shoot! They don't use the sight!

If you really want to see what the sight will look like i'll draw one for you!

EMP=Electro Magnetic Pulse

It fries everything resembling electric/electronic circuits smile.gif

also forgot to say that the EMP gives concusion when its close, it infact stuns.

In AvP2 i play as a predator, its our worsed enemy! You cant move at all or shot very well!

-EDIT-

Do i need resistance for this?

And i've downloaded the file twice but it says its invalid!

Wow, great addon!

The sound is very much Alienslike!!

The model, very good, no problems with shadows!

The config, great job on those grenadelaunchers i like it a lot!!

The ammo box, great idea!!

The textures...well...er...this greenish colour...yuck...

Maybe something like this:

m40a1.jpg

Anyway, any views on a Colonial Marine unit?

thats the strictly urban model! The Marines in AvP1 have that type, the Marines in AvP2 are Rural and have that green colour, i dunno why, the M41a is like their version of the MP5. The Marines only really fight in close quarters! The Smartgun is like their long ranged weapon, the tracking is just so it can be adapted for close quarters!

The two heavy gunners in aliens kicked ass one was the mexican girl the other was drake as i recal great work on the whole thing i have been blasting russians for about 20 mins with it now

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">STUPID QUESTION BY ME........is this a real weapon.....rofl im just wondering<span id='postcolor'>

no, its from the film "Aliens" ... the prop was made (as far as i know) from a thompson sub machine gun (w/. custom grips) and a SPAS12 shotgun for the grenade launcher, and lots of resin parts.

its captured a lot of peoples imagination tho, and there is a wealth of "technical" information out there for the gun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InFuSiOn @ Oct. 22 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">STUPID QUESTION BY ME........is this a real weapon.....rofl im just wondering<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry Dude, but it isn't...

And on the Smartgun.................... could the game engine be altered to allow it to auto target at all?

OOOO i love aliens specialy the m41a i love it sounds good and is a looker too the movie gun was a dressed up thompson with the spas12 under it.

and even tho its supposed to be caseless if you watch the movie you can see shells fly out smile.gif specialy when they were in the air ducts.

and the smart gun what a good idea made of bike parts and an mg42 was it? mounted on a steady cam(the arm thingy)

I can't find those addons at that sight rofl I dont speak or read a word of German. =(. Maybe I should d/l that german thingy off MS website.

imagewiz70213.jpg

Looks pretty accurate compared to this pic.

The only small nitpick I have is the grenade launcher...the range seems pretty limited compared to the M203.

Cpt Moore used to be my hero... you are taking his place (sorry sir!wink.gif I used to watch Aliens at least 7 times a week when I was under that age of 12... so really your letting me act out a fantasy. Yes thats right, shoot commies with a gun that doesn't exsist (j/k... i'd shoot anyone with it!wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Belldandy @ Oct. 22 2002,04:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...and an mg42 was it?<span id='postcolor'>

i think it was a M60 smile.gif

got damn it, i've already said this, the M-41a fires RPGs. They fire dead strait and explode on impact!

Is it possible in ofp to make a weapon fire bullets and RPGs?

and it doesn't fire Caseless rounds, the M-56 smartgun fires caseless rounds. the M250 caseless rounds are aparently shit against armored targets, but brilliant against soft targets!

Little more Data, the smartgun mags are 500rounds, and its a box under the rear section of the gun!

By the way, i don't have resistance so i cant test your M-41a, but how long does it take to reload. It should take just a second, it automaticly drops the mag and you can just slam one in! And you didn't answer me when i asked how meny rounds it holds, it should hold 99.

It holds 95 rounds per clip due to jamming prevention.

Read this.

Ok, I reduced the grenade's init speed from 40 to 30 and increased the number of rounds fired in burst mode from 4 to 5 -"künstlerische Freiheit" or poetic licence...

When investigating last spring (Oxygen was announced for public release first time) I read that the barrel magazine of the M40-grenadelauncher holds 5 grenades -now I digged out an info that says "only 4 grenades".

There are many sources on the internet which differ in some points...

hmmm, in AvP they fire RPGs, they fly for about 100m then run out of fuel!

You should make some standard marine grenades, they're just sticks with a red button on them! DYAMN!