Sign in to follow this  
emrak

How To Get The Darkest Night?

The moon phases in A3 are out of alignment with the real world as per trouble tickets. It would also seem that the "moon" object in the in-game night sky is actually irrelevant as the "moon" lighting occurs on the ground functionally (i.e., the "moon" is not a thing that shines down, it's just an indicator for the engine to generate "moon light" on the surface) and this non-moon "moon light" generated on the surface may be out of sync with the in-game moon phases. I know that overcast weather can diminish the effects of light. I know that there's a way to change the "aperture" setting to manipulate brightness as well.

Due to my confusion over the above issues and my desire to save time, can someone who's been down this path please give me the in-game date/time/weather/aperture setting to create the darkest night possible?

Thank you!

p.s.--yes, I know people can brighten their environment via brightness/gamma.

I think that any moonless new moon winter midnight should do. At some point it just doesn't get any darker when the moonintesity is zero.

You can also eliminate most of the gamma abuse with colorcorrection post process effect. A tiny adjustment in brightness offset is nearly unnoticeable to users who don't abuse it, but dark shades will become pitch black.