kband1

Custom Unit Patches for RHS Help

So..I've been trying and trying and well I have failed every single time, I was wondering if anyone was/is able to help me with a Custom Unit Patch for the RHS Uniforms as a lot of them are just way to big. The patches I have customly created for my SFG Unit as JPG Files are here: https://imgur.com/a/ZDqGX . I have followed the instructions on the official Forums for Custom Unit Patch Creation and converted the files to PAA but nothing is working.

You mean they don't show up at all or they show up and look giant and stretched out? 

Both.

You mean they don't show up at all or they show up and look giant and stretched out? 

Both, Its all stretched out when I try other patches but when I wanna make my own they dont show up in-game at all (Big part is I dont know much about adding custom patches into a game).

Well I cant really help you with the config because i suck at configs but i could tell you how to add them vanilla style if you want.

That might work out a little better! Sure! That'd be great.

Put this in the description.ext of your mission and adjust it to whatever you want.

class CfgUnitInsignia
{
    class 111thID
    {
        displayName = "111th Infantry Division"; // Name displayed in Arsenal
        author = "Bohemia Interactive"; // Author displayed in Arsenal
        texture = "\a3\UI_F_Bootcamp\Data\CfgUnitInsignia\B_111thID_texture_ca.paa"; // Image path
        textureVehicle = ""; // Does nothing currently, reserved for future use
    };
};

Then put this in the init of the unit you want to have the insignia:

[this,"111thID] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;

Thank you, Also! I got the patches in-game but everything all transparent now! Like I can choose and pick the patches and stuff but its all transparent, This is after I successfully got the Config adns tuff to work in the PBO,  I'll try and work it out and come back with good news if I can. 

Something I've also been trying are using the standard Resolution for ARMA 3 Vanilla Uniform Patches, 128x,128, Also 84x84 and now I'm trying to go up to 512x512 which is the standard for RHS but still no luck

I am not sure why it looks transparent. Waiting to hear back from you for the good news!

Also 84x84 and now I'm trying to go up to 512x512 which is the standard for RHS but still no luck

84x84 worked? I'm surprised as its not to the power of 2 (2x2, 4x4, 8x8, 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 etc).

Alright good news! I edited the patches up to 512x512, downsized and did some config cleaning and well..they work now! Some are a little big wonky but overall I now have SFG and 160th SOAR Patches :), the 160th SOAR are blurry because Photoshop messed them up but here they are! RHS SFG Patches haha http://imgur.com/a/5VVcv They come in different Varietys too, Special Forces Group with Ranger Qualified, Normal Special Forces Group w/ and w/o Special Forces Tab both Multicam and ACU! Fully working with RHS Uniforms, I might even release them to the public soon when I get to taking out my unit name from the patch names haha  :)

• Like 1

They look really nice! Are we getting them too?

Yes! I'm gonna edit them up a bit more, add more units such as Major Infantry Divisions, Aviation and so on! After that I'll Release them to you all :) I'll TRY to make them look as pretty as possible.

Yes! I'm gonna edit them up a bit more, add more units such as Major Infantry Divisions, Aviation and so on! After that I'll Release them to you all :) I'll TRY to make them look as pretty as possible.

Oh nice! I am looking forward to it! If you need any other help ask me here or PM.