Sign in to follow this  
Vipez

Heavy 1.85 problem!

Problem: All was fine and my OFP run like a baby but then 1.85 came out. When I updated to 1.85 every time i start OFP resistance i get and ILLEGAL OPERATION & program will be shutdown. I do have Original & legal version, no hacked versions.

I have tried to reinstall several times but no good. I also have changed different detonators & Via drivers but no, same thing every time. I have tried without any of my addons .. fresh install of OFP (first the original 1.0 then Red Hammer, Then Resistance -> worked fine-> then 1.85 no , illegal operation every time. mad.gifmad.gif

My exact specs:

Windows 2000 SP3

Athlon xp 1800+

Nvidia Detonator 30.82 (latest official) (Geforce 4 Ti4600)

Abit KR7A & 2X raid0 HDs

Hercules Game Theater XP with latest drivers

512 mb ddr

Agp 4x, fast write off

Every other game runs ok without any erros. IF you have any idea what to do please tell me. I have tried everything.. now i'm out of ideas. confused.gif sorry about possible Typos wrote this quickly but this kinda starts to PISS ME OFF.

Well I Don't remember exactly how its in english windows but you know when some program crashes in windows then it says "Program has causes illegal operation and will be terminated" (in this case ofpresis.exe the program).

and like i told no problems in any other game / applications including the DXDiag program, all fine. The only game that crashes is Flashpoint version 1.85 sad.gif

No problems what so ever in versions 1.46, 1.60, 1.75....

hehe can't really turn it off since whole game won't start smile.gif

and i never use EAX, hardware acceleration yes though... well i try to disable that but don't think that helps...

You can change the sound settings through the .INI file. I'm at the office and can't tell you what the exact keys are that need to be changed, but it should be obvious from looking through the file.

If you can't make sense of the file, let me know and I'll check which setting to change when I get home.

Tested it now, but no its not the Hardware acceleration or EAX causing it, something else. Besides I have allways used the Hardware, no problems what so ever...

Any more suggestions? Still can't get the 1.85 work sad.gifwow.gif

Since i'm the only one who has this problem it is possible that the good old Windows has done it again and It probably should format C: and then it would work, but somehow i'm so tired to do that for just one game and one stupid patch.. aaaagh mad.gif I think i'm going crazy confused.gif

Yes but Opf isn't just some game is it now, get it working again and you'll remember why you did it, I just did the same thing because DX died and playing Steal the Car again after a few months without Opf is a great experience smile.gif

Take the time to format and if it doesn't work let us know smile.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl

I don't belive this.. just Installed Windows XP and AGH SAME THing Still happends!!!!!

oooooooooouuu my god.. just wasted 24h for nothing since i didn't even have any other problems in Win2K, ... tounge.gif

Damn Still haven't solved this one and nobody knows how to help. This is indeed a mystery. The OFP 1.85 just isnt compatible with my computer.

Uh and seems like i'm the only one who can't get 1.85 to work mad.gif

Oh My good. I just did one last thing: downloaded the Nocd CRACK for version 1.85 and OMG it ACTUALLY WORKS!

aagh... is it possible that my cd is somewhat damaged, doesn't look like to be. And no Cd read errors etc in any form.

So sorry BIS I guess I have to use the 1.85 nocd crack to get this working. confused.gif

Using a cd crack is not an advised method of solving any problem, in fact it brings with it the added problem of you now being banned from the forums until you prove you have purchased the game (PM me for details of how to do that), there is no reason why somebody who has bought the game and has followed tech support advice should ever need to use a crack.