Sign in to follow this  
coolfact

addaction trouble using "in" in condition

I have some trouble with my addaction script which is placed in a for loop, the addaction works fine beside when I want to pose a condition that can only be used for specific sides, it doesn't give anyone access.

_box addAction [format["<t color='#FF0000'>%1</t>",(_descname select _i)], spawn_object ,[(_type select _i),(_items select _i),(_magazines select _i),(_backpacks select _i),(_weapons select _i),_spawnpoint],6, false, true, "","player distance _target < 5 && {(side player in _side)}"];
systemchat format["objects: %1",side player in _side];//returns true

I have tried

(side player == civilian)

which works just fine so it must be the "in" function which does not work, the _side function is:

_side = [WEST,civilian]

Its a different scope and a variable local to that scope needs to be defined. In this case, _side would be undefined.

Hello.

You are trying to call a local variable in your addAction thread.

You can still use two playerside checks playerside == side OR playerside == side.

Or you need to define the local variable in the same scope as the addAction.

WHEN USING ADDACTION CONDITIONS DO NOT USE PLAYER!!!!!!!

use:

_target (the object/unit where the object is attached)

_this (the object/unit looking at the addAction)

in this case _target is _box and _this is player

I see so how do I define the local scope in the same scope as the addaction? I have tried add the _side array to the argument, but that didn't seem to work

_box addAction [format["<t color='#FF0000'>%1</t>",(_descname select _i)], spawn_object ,[(_type select _i),(_items select _i),(_magazines select _i),(_backpacks select _i),(_weapons select _i),_spawnpoint,_side],6, false, true, "","_this distance _target < 5 && {(side _this in (_target select 3 select 6))}"];

WHEN USING ADDACTION CONDITIONS DO NOT USE PLAYER!!!!!!!

use:

_target (the object/unit where the object is attached)

_this (the object/unit looking at the addAction)

in this case _target is _box and _this is player

Using player is perfectly fine as long as you know what you are doing. Unless you can prove otherwise?

One way could be saving the sides into the box:

_box setVariable ["COOLTAG_Side",_side];
_box addAction [format["<t color='#FF0000'>%1</t>",(_descname select _i)], spawn_object ,[(_type select _i),(_items select _i),(_magazines select _i),(_backpacks select _i),(_weapons select _i),_spawnpoint],6, false, true, "","player distance _target < 5 && (side player in (_target getVariable 'COOLTAG_Side'))"];

okay so variables are saved in the right scopes, will try that out.