Sign in to follow this  
officermills

Getting kicked into the lobby

Okay, I got my server up and running. But when ever we try to login into the mission to play it, we get kicked back into the lobby...Has  anybody ever heard of this before 

What kind of mission? PVP? TvT? CooP?

WHo made the mission? 3rd party mision? Ask Autor for help!

Own Mission? Did it work in Editor prewiev? Might be wrong endmission conditions. (the mission ends itself as soon  as you log in).

Check the triggers that triger end of the mission. Might be wo or more of them dependent on how many endings the mission has. Usualy there are two. Win and Los. 

Dedicated server? Rented?  If rented? ask the provider for help.

Who is kicked? Admin? Player? Everyone? 

Players can be kicked for lacking some of the mods required by the mission, or for using mods that are not alowed on the server.

This is usually an addon or signature problem. One of your bisigns isn't valid

I know when i try joining it spams my screen with missing a script for a building which i have looked all over for, and cant find it 

If i run it off my PC, i dont get any script errors or kicks, but if i run it on the box, i get a script error and a kick. I tested it earlier today  

"TUT_SampleMap" terrain? hmm...

That makes me think its an addon issue. I would start by reuploading your version of the map addon to the server. Sounds like a corrupted binarization or upload. Of course if the addon the building is coming from is corrupted it could be that.

i took the building it says it is out of the mission and out of the addons and that did not solve it. And it still says its in the mission knowing i removed the building.

Go to the mission.sqm and check addon dependencies. Find the faulty addon and remove it. that helps sometimes. 

BACKUP THE MISSION.SQM FIRST!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I took the addon out of the mission.Sqm, and now all the building on the map vanished. Could this happen if i dont reorder the dependencies in the mission.sqm

Yes off course. Arma unfortunately hates when people tinker with mission.sqm, so you need to have that backup i reccomended, and try few times. Make sure that other addons or objects arent depended on the one addon you removed, and that the addons are in good order.

From my experience is sometimes easier to delete it all and start from scratch. :(  

For placing buildings signs and other static objects, i reccomend arma2´s inbuild 3D editor. Its litle messy and buggy, and unfinished and requires some scripting in the end, but its mighty helpfull.