UNA - Gringo

Losing Gear with End Game Revive Script

The end game revive scrip is really best revive script and i would love to use it in my missions, but the only issue is when i make a mission with mods and start the game, load my custom loadout from Arsenal and in the middle of the fight if i get injured and get revived by my teamates, i lose all my gear and it loads the basic loadout i spawned with at the start of the game.

Does anybody know how make it that if u get injured and revived, you keep your gear not loading the basic gear i spawn with from the start of the mission ?

i would really appreciate any help with that.

thanks

You can use the Killed and Respawn event handlers to trigger scripts/functions adding gear back to the unit.

As for saving gear, I have made a system in the past which utilizes BIS fnc saveInventory and BIS fnc loadInventory. You can store the loadout in a global variable.

Hope that this is a point in the right direction,

Bull

I am using this script on a dedicated server with the BIS revive and this takes care of this issue.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139848-getset-loadout-saves-and-loads-pretty-much-everything/#post2322703

Seems to periodically save your inventory, so if you suicide or are killed/revived you keep your loadout. If you are wearing a CSAT uniform, you lose it, but keep your chest rig and weapons/ammo. This even saves your designator batteries.

The end game revive scrip is really best revive script and i would love to use it in my missions, but the only issue is when i make a mission with mods and start the game, load my custom loadout from Arsenal and in the middle of the fight if i get injured and get revived by my teamates, i lose all my gear and it loads the basic loadout i spawned with at the start of the game.

Does anybody know how make it that if u get injured and revived, you keep your gear not loading the basic gear i spawn with from the start of the mission ?

i would really appreciate any help with that.

thanks

It's annoying that the default behaviour of BIS revive doesn't do this. If the player respawns, he should get his last saved loadout. If he's revived, he should get the loadout he had immediately before he was incapacitated.

Here's how I do the revive/loadout thing.

I have a handledamageEH on the player. When it fires, a function checks to see if his damage is over 0.9 and if the loadout was not saved in the last couple of seconds. If so, it saves to loadout to uinamespace (better for network traffic than mission name space). After he's revived (sensed using respawn EH), get the loadout back from uinnamespace.