Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Throttleguaranteed=value

Bis...any additional info on the ThrottleGuaranteed=value item that was introduced in 1.87 as configurable by the server? What is this and what does it do? Thus far players are reporting desync as being worse in 1.87 than it was in 1.86...perhpas switching this value to something between 1 as it is set now and 10 as it was set in 1.85 would help??? What factors is this dependant on (number of players, pipe to the server, processor speed, etc etc). Thank you in advance for your help and for your continued efforts to address the issues with OFP:R.

Suchey, possibly you could watch the performance of the server using #monitor, watch the packets waiting + guaranteed, and step up the ThrottleGuaranteed=1 in increments until you know performance levelling out?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Oct. 18 2002,07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thus far players are reporting desync as being worse in 1.87 than it was in 1.86...perhpas switching this value to something between 1 as it is set now and 10 as it was set in 1.85 would help???<span id='postcolor'>

This value was hard set to 1 in 1.75. I would really be interested what would your players say if you now installed 1.75 again. We still investigate if there are any other differences between 1.87 and 1.75 (which we are told was better than 1.85, 1.86 or 1.87). I will inform you what the answer is once I know it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Oct. 18 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This value was hard set to 1 in 1.75. I would really be interested what would your players say if you now installed 1.75 again. We still investigate if there are any other differences between 1.87 and 1.75 (which we are told was better than 1.85, 1.86 or 1.87). I will inform you what the answer is once I know it.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm back at work for a few days now, but on my next few days off I will try the server with various setting on a single map hopefully with reasonably consistent players and post the results here.

And thanks for the ability to set a max value for individual custom files biggrin.gif If in the future you have separte values for face and sound that would be ideal. Then i could set face to 50 and sound to 15 (or 0). 11 Custom files at 50Kb (+ xml) is still over half a meg sad.gif 10 players on the server, 5Mb download to join .... maybe wouldnt be to bad if there were no 56Kers in the world or the server wasnt so strained as people connect. Long connects can cause "no message recieved for xx secs" for all players.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Oct. 19 2002,13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.... maybe wouldnt be to bad if there were no 56Kers in the world<span id='postcolor'>

OMG he is planning to genocide us!! wow.gif

I did a text search on OFPR_Server.exe and also noticed this setting: "ThrottleGuaranteed" along side MinErrorToSend (its all plain text in the EXE).

Now I know what MinErrorToSend does (setting it MinErrorToSend=0.005 makes units viewed from sniper scope and binocs move twice as smooth, 0.001 is ten times as smooth)

But what does ThrottleGuaranteed=1 vs ThrottleGuaranteed=10 (and other settings) do ?

And when will the severs peak fps be configurable via a flashpoint.cfg variable on the server ?

UPDATE: Does anyone know, anyone at all ?