Sign in to follow this  
LAW Soldier fd

Linux server + userinfo.cfg

Howdy,

We have disabled 3rd person view and the crosshair on our server, but it seems that the linux beta server doesn't enforce these.

They are in my ofp/user/userinfo.cfg and in ofp/flashpoint.cfg, but still players are able to use 3rd view and a crosshair is visible..

Is there any other places where i could put these:

diff3rdPersonView[]={0,0};

diffWeaponCursor[]={0,0};

Thanks.

--fd

my linux server made a users/player/userinfo.cfg file where I placed these and I no longer have crosshair or 3rd person on the server..

sorry, forgot the player from the line..

but good to know that it should be possible, at least, just that the linux server has the exact same files as the windows-server did, and it's a cadet server..

dang.

but thanks keg, as usual.

--fd

All files must be placed and then the the server-shar file needs run to encode it for linux. We noticed this with custom missions. They won't load unless you re-run that file.

I been meaning to post about that... now I have smile.gif

BIS... anyway to make a simple converstion file that can be run to JUST convert files instead of doing a re-install using the server-shar file?

It's there and it's called tolower. Just run ./tolower and your missions should work.

Actually I think its a uppercase /lowercase issue. In Windoz you can have either. But in linux the ofp engine is requiring lower case files only. Anytime you put a file on the linux server make sure its lower case it will run fine.

Hoz

We have a test-linux server.

When we try to get in, we get kicked from server..

ONLY when using a "standart" face, it is possible to get in!..

in short: when wearing a custom-face, its NOT possible to join linux server!.

Suggestions?

EazyOne

I'm using a custom face (face.jpg in my users dir) and have no problems. But what i noticed when the server crashed on time is that linux makes a directory tmp2302 where it stores the custom faces (and sounds). Maybe that helps?!? Also from strace i know that there must be another dir called tmp. If you "mkdir tmp" in your ofp dir, start the server and stop it the tmp dir will be gone...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have a test-linux server.

When we try to get in, we get kicked from server..

ONLY when using a "standart" face, it is possible to get in!..

in short: when wearing a custom-face, its NOT possible to join linux server!.<span id='postcolor'>

Still the same problem, with 1.88.. sad.gif

Server IP: 80.160.223.118:2302

Did you try setting MaxCustomFileSize to a large value in your flashpoint.cfg?

did try that..

another thing: server dont show on GameSpy (game browser)

server-admin told me ports should be properly open!..

Ez1

You've got a problem here, as our Linux server has no pb handling custom faces and gamespy announces.

try to put

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

it seems to disable limitation on custom files size limitation.

and, just for a try, put :

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

if not already done, this is the default, but it can't hurt smile.gif

If this doesn't work, you probably have a translation or firewall problem somewhere in the network. Gamespy and http ports could be blocked somewhere.

Whis'