Sign in to follow this  
fireatwill

BX GateBuilder Questions

Hey everyone,

I've found a  program that is called "GateBuilder". It looks really the same like O2, but a few functions were deleted (like Buldozer).

So my questions: What what does it all about this program? And why i cannot change the texture paths or open Buldozer to view my models? And at all, how it works?

And is it really easier than O2 Oxygen?

Thank you for answers

regrets

I haven't used it in quite a long time. The main aim I think was to remove the need for Buldozer. It doesn't use it. It renders in the viewports using direct x.

Gatebuilder doesn't seem to like subfolders with regard to textures being displayed. So  "\Addon\texture.paa" seems to be fine. But "\Addon\Tex\texture.paa" shows a blank model.

But the program works as you can see from the pic below.

ylSqRvm2.jpg

Other than that there's not much difference between GB and O2.

These days I don't use either of them. Except where I might need to do a quick recalculation of the normals.

Hy guys,can anyone help me a bit with this program,I used it few years ago and forgo how to add textures to model,I load texure but what button/s I have to press to apply texture to model?
And if anyone have some spare time just to run me thru basics of it,just send me PM
Thanks in advance!

It's pretty much the same as O2light. So any tutorials for that apply here. The B key would apply the loaded texture with planar mapping. Which is the only way it can do it.

I need to make a correction in my previous post. Although it doesn't like subfolders when dealing with textures, this seems to be for existing projects that were done with another app. If you apply the textures in GB they appear to display.