Sign in to follow this  
pvt. partz

Enemy detects mines?

As the title suggests. My buddy and I were trying to trap a Gorgon in a small town so we were scrambling to lay mines on the roads. It seemed when the gorgon or any other vehicle got close, it would steer clear, even turn and drive into a wall to get around. Is this a coincidence? How can I camouflage if that's what's needed?

Thanks.

edit

A quick test in the Editor and the vehicle drives right over it, np

Hmm

• Like 1

Dumb AI is dumb. Path-finding is not their strongest trait. Probably just a one-off.

I had the same happen except I think it was an official campaign mission. AI armor would stop right before the mines/satchels and then drive around them. It was a while ago tho.

But in general, if I bombard a town with Scorcher AT mines, AI armor do get blown up.

Even anti-personnel mines are detected by friendly AI but that doesn't prevent them from walking into them. They just report them over radio and then forget the mines are there, it seems.

Thanks for the reply

...AI are generally pretty moronic but when they take (what I saw as deliberate) evasive action, maybe they're just play us for fools !......... :wacko: