BennySouthSt

Bulldozer Launch Error

I'm currently trying to get O2 and Bulldozer working, mainly in order to attempt some re-texturing, but the Bulldozer viewer always crashes on me. Initially I get a "glide3d.dll is not present" error (which is pretty much self explanatory), but then i'm hit with this error message

ErrorMessage: Cannot create 3D device:
  Adapter -1 () Fullscreen
  Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/D16, refresh 0 Hz.
  Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

Any tips on how to fix this? My hardware is relatively... well, shitty, but I don't feel that would be a major issue when its runs OFP reasonably well.

"glide3d.dll" refers to a Voodoo-series graphic cards. I suppose You don't have THAT OLD computer! ;)

It may be several things: corrupted DirectX installation, old drivers, or corrupted Bulldozer. The easiest thing is to copy "Flashpoint.cfg" file from Your OFP folder to Bulldozer folder. If that won't help, then check Your GPU drivers and/or DirectX.

Ahha, perfect - I copied my "ColdWarAssault.cfg" file and renamed it, and that gets Bulldozer starting fine.

I've got a "bad serial key" error now, but that's due to my install being CWA 1.99 rather than an earlier OFP version - I should be able to deal with this though :). Thanks!

That's often a problem with Buldozer. But, as You've seen, easily fixable! :)

I've got a "bad serial key" error now, but that's due to my install being CWA 1.99 rather than an earlier OFP version

Yeah, unfortunately B. requires OFP. That's why I've at least one on my HDD! (Two works even better!)

Is it possible to get Bulldozer working with Cold War Assault 1.99 by adding something to the windows registry or so?

I do own an original copy of Operation Flashpoint but cannot install it due to the lack of a CD-ROM drive on this machine.

On 10/20/2015 at 7:26 PM, zwobot said:

Is it possible to get Bulldozer working with Cold War Assault 1.99 by adding something to the windows registry or so?

I do own an original copy of Operation Flashpoint but cannot install it due to the lack of a CD-ROM drive on this machine.

1. Open Regedit
  2. Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\<Wow6432Node on 64-bit systems>\bohemia interactive studio\coldwarassault" and export it to a file
  3. Open the file in notepad and replace "bohemia interactive studio\coldwarassault" with "Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint" and save it
  4. Import modified file in Regedit

Haha, thanks faguss. I'll have to bookmark this for the next time I need to setup Ofp and editing environment on a new macchine.

I can't exactly remember how I got it working in my current setup but I think it involved doing an additional installation from an .iso image of my original Ofp CD.