Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Kiddie Pool for Multiplayer ?

Hi Folks,

Still very new at ARMA - though I've played MOH, AA, and BF multiplayer before... Is there a good server where I can start familiarizing myself with multiplayer - you know - where I can just mess around and not interfere with anyone - but might have a few other people in a similar circumstance ??? I'm only interested in realistic gameplay  - and - I have the RHS mods loaded - but - I have to start somewhere... I guess I need TeamSpeak as well - I've never played with voice comms before - well except with VATSIM... Appreciate any help...

;)

Regards,
Scott

Just learn the basics of the game in singleplayer/editor. There is nothing to familiarize with - most of the servers are (zombie)survival or BF-alike game modes anyway. If you want realistic gameplay, you have to join one of milsim communities and someone from that community will explain to you how that certain community prefers to play (many of them have training events and "tactical" guides).

But in case you just want to hang around a little, try one of the public servers hosting Domination/Insurgency/Capture The Island missions since they aren't heavily dependent upon teamplay and sometimes even don't require you to join server's TeamSpeak. Be sure to check the rules (usually in "Notes" section on map screen) and tasks though, it will give you an idea what's going on.

I have a server and a couple training missions I use to teach my friends the basics of Infantry combat in ArmA. If you add me on Steam I'd be happy to run you through a few things. 

play through the campaign mission will help you alot, than try to play all those showcases, after that, play through the single-player again (try to have a better performance than your first try). try downloading seneriaos from steam workshop (whatever you like to play). test weapons on editor or some seneriaos that made for testing (example: jester's showcase, F-18 recon/JTAC training)

try joining 77th JSOC server (if you don't mind listening on orders from HQ/experienced members and fight with a squad instead of lone-wolfing)

it will be way easier to start ArmA3 after you familiarize all your keys (try to set it to what you are used to ,don't use the default one). 

• Like 1