Moon_chilD

Choose the side of a Vehicle to exit it!

Hey guys,

I just love my titles in in forum posts. Confusing as s***!

What I'm looking for is:
Is there some script or mod, that lets me choose whether I want to exit a vehicle on the right or left side? 

This might come in handy in mission where you have to insert behind enemy lines. You don't want to step out of a car on the left side...if the enemy shoots on the car from the left side.

That's all  I'm asking for. 
Many Greetings
Moony

I saw a question like this a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think it got solved......

But, I was thinking that you could create addActions (e.g. Get Out - Left/Get Out - Right) on units in a vehicle that when run, move the player out of the vehicle then drop them next in a position relative to where the vehicle is, possibly using attachTo + detach, or something relating to the vehicle's direction.

I also thought of this, but sadly I'm really not the best when it comes to scripting. Also that would properly mean, that I have to do that for every vehicle, hu? 

I've actually got this on my to do list for next week.

that would properly mean, that I have to do that for every vehicle, hu?

Yup, but you don't have to do that manually in the Editor object init lines.

I'm considering using a client-side class specific CBA Extended postinit Event Handler, which should be a lot less effort if it works.

I'll share the script if it works.

• Like 1

I've actually got this on my to do list for next week.

Yup, but you don't have to do that manually in the Editor object init lines.

I'm considering using a client-side class specific CBA Extended postinit Event Handler, which should be a lot less effort if it works.

I'll share the script if it works.

That's awesome to hear. Looking so much forward to it! ^^ Thanks!