Sign in to follow this  
Goatstonail

Server side vehicles configuration

Ever played Gmod?

Although this is a childish game it brings a concept ArmA 3, and other games are not willing to accept.

This is obviously because it is impractical, and in many situations just plain useless.

But I did come across an interesting idea, earlier, that made me wish ArmA 3 had the function.

Could a server-side file, txt, cfg., or what have you, use pre-existing models/sounds/textures to create a vehicle?

Although this is an odd(mostly useless) concept I found a good use for this, the Trawler.

It is a lovely example, imagine joining a server and being able to get in a trawler, without downloads!

At first it didn't seem possible, but I'm not a very good coder, so I wasn't sure how to do this.

but looking into it, I found that the mod that made the trawler 'work' only contained a config file.

And this was only 33Kb large, which brings me here; could a config file be placed inside a server

to create a (most likely very glitchy) trawler vehicle?

I know this has been a very unprofessional request, but I appreciate your responses!

Lastly, and this is not related to the topic above btw!

Is there a script that allows you to deploy inflatable boats that is freely availably, and also customisable?

Thankyou especially for replying to either of these questions with an open mind and creativity.

No you can't. You can only attach things to vehicles, which you would have found out if you had done research. You would have also posted in the correct forum in that case.

/thread

@x3jk

Thankyou for your reply, despite your lack of explanation, I appreciate your answer.

I did look into things such as "editing vehicle configs/changing vehicle models" along with researching how vehicle configs communicate with the game engine, ect.

Don't call me out, the fact that it was stated "I am not a scripter/coder" I believe implied I was not educated on this subject.

Would that attached object BTW be collision aware, or just a projection?

If you would like to go into details about to what extent you can edit vehicles, like editing position of the camera which I have no idea about doing.

I don't expect a tutorial, just an outline of what could be done, and what to search to find it.

have a moderate day - yours truly

3 of 5 smiles

:)  :)  :)  :mellow:  :mellow: