Sign in to follow this  
MisterOrange2002

Memory map file error

I just started having this problem with resistance and check all the listing here on the forum and it seems quite common. I get a memory-map file'res\addons\o.pbo error and when i take that file out of the addons file it boots up fine but with no access to resistance. I added more memory after this started happening and it still didnt load as it should have.

my computer spec's are as follows

pentium 4 2.2

512 ram-rambus

windows xp

radeon 8500

O.pbo contains most of the resistance stuff. You have plenty of RAM-how much space do any unofficial addons you have take up? I can tell that this will probably get locked eventually.

Have virtually same computer setup as you, except I have a 1.7.

Some people managed to fix the problem by setting the AGP apperture to 64mb and use the latest drivers.

Others removed all extra addons and that fixed it.

Also look at the 'Recommended tuning suggestions' thread and try some of the reccomendation there.

I personally could never get resistance to run for me, until I changed to a GF card. But It works for others, so hopefully mine was just a one off case. I never tried a reinstall of the OS as that is too extreme.

But search these forums and maybe you will find a solution that works for you. There are a lot of posts about this, also search tha faq at http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/ and you may find an answer there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But search these forums and maybe you will find a solution that works for you. There are a lot of posts about this, also search tha faq at http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/ and you may find an answer there. <span id='postcolor'>

Couldn't have put it better myself, please read the past threads and try those solutions, if for whatever reason you try those and it still doesn't work PM me and I'll be happy to re-open this thread smile.gif

Opening as MisterOrange2002 has some news smile.gif

I think i found out what has been causing my Memory-map'res\ADDONS\O.PBO problems and im going to pass it along

This problem is being caused by the windows XP automatic updates.

When i updated the last two recent updates from microsoft for windows XP, I started getting this error message.

When i do a complete reinstall of my operating system (ie windows XP), resistance runs great with no problems.

But after the updates are upload....

back to the same error message

maybe if there is others in the ofp community that have this same problem, keep track when was your last update to when you recieved this error message

i hope this info helps you out, i did this twice with the same results

I can't wipe my hard drive. Can I uninstall the updates?

Go to your Codemasters/operationflashpoint/addons then delete the addons that you dont want or need anymore.

yes you can threw the add/remove programs in the control panel it does take some time. I found it easier to just do a clean reinstall and never update after that.

biggrin.gif

The updates didn't seem to be the problem. I used the cutPBO utility and cut the front of o.pbo off and it fixed the problem! Hooray! Search in the AvonLady's FAQ for cutPBO and you'll find it.

I am SOOO happy!

Windows XP doesn't seem to be a problem.

I've got the seme message with my Win 98 SE

I wanted to post a followup after a couple of months with whats going on....after not installing the last two months of windows XP updates...I havent had the error message with can not memory map o.pbo file..i havent found the updated thats the issue as of yet...but ill post it when i do biggrin.gif