Sign in to follow this  
Vikingo

Wwii v2 rocket launch mission

Hi all!

I just put online a new single player mission for Resistance. It feature for first time a V2 rocket fully simulated for the game.

This is not an static object you can target and launch it.

Let's make a travel to the past... To World War II...

In this mission you are the Officer in charge for test our new weapon: the V2 Rocket.

The rockets of the base are fully operative and can be launched to any target you design at the map.

Scouts reports that American armored forces are close to our V2 complex. You have ready a Tiger Panzer squad and two V2 rockets to stop them before they find the complex!

The great V2 Rocket & Launch Pad 3D models are by FAR-Crow

The full credits of the nice addons and scripts used are inside the readme.

Download the mission and the addons right here

Página en castellano aqui (page in spanish here)

Note : for avoid conflicts please use only the original Resistance addons and the ones needed for this mission...

The mission was beta tested and works fine! It don't work with 1.46. Sorry but some of the addons used don't let that. More info at the included readme.

Some images from the mission...

mission_v2_launch_test_v2_th.jpgmission_v2_launch_test_base_th.jpg

mission_v2_launch_test_tanks_th.jpgmission_v2_launch_test_v2nightlaunch_th.jpg

Hope you will like it and have fun with it! Please post your comments here. Of course if you improve it in any way please let us know. Vikingo

Final note : This mission shows some nazi stuff. Just a clarification: I'm NOT a nazi and I don't like that doctrine and those ideas! FAR-Crow says the same.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is that tank upside down? lol<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! yes, that happens when a V2 falls near your positions... wink.gif

So this addon doesn't work with version 1.46 or 1.60 ? Just making sure...is there a 1.46 ot 1.60 Version at all? Or is it just for Resistance?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i like ur quality missile missions vikingo, keep up the good work<span id='postcolor'>

thanks STS_SolidSnake! glad you enjoy them smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So this addon doesn't work with version 1.46 or 1.60 ? Just making sure...is there a 1.46 ot 1.60 Version at all? Or is it just for Resistance?<span id='postcolor'>

only for Resistance sorry. The addons used are only for resistance so the mission will don't load under older versions... But if you want the V2 rocket model for 1.46 please email/pm me and I will be glad in send them.

BTW... all check this great site about the V2 rocket...

<a href="http://www.v2rocket.com/start/start.html" target="_blank">

v2rocket.com</a>

...and here you can find some nice paper models of many vehicles (V1 & V2 included) ohh! It will be fun take the glue, fold and build all of them :-)

Nice V1 & V2 Print and build Models here !

v1_rgb_t.jpgv2_rgb_t.jpg

Cya!