Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Has anyone ever made a heli camapign ?

I think it would be cool to fly a blackhawk/chinook in a camapign.I would make one myself ,but i'm to lazy too.

Sounds liek a good idea, even if there wasnt much fighting involved i stil lthink it would be pretty cool flying around and picking people up. smile.gif

Hmmm perhaps someone should make a Taxi driver campaign? smile.gif

Yeah. Like in NY.

Driving by shootings, watching the action take place.

With the blackhawk you could use rockets to support ground troops.I think it would be pretty cool

Or do fly by shootings.

"Hey nigga. What u say 'bout my mumma?" KaBOOOMMmm!

i think people are missing the point of the game. the game was originally developed so that people would get the feel of wot it was like to be a soldier in that time. now people have started bringing out more vehicles and to some extent it ruins the atmosphere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rob on 2:21 pm on Dec. 24, 2001

i think people are missing the point of the game. the game was originally developed so that people would get the feel of wot it was like to be a soldier in that time. now people have started bringing out more vehicles and to some extent it ruins the atmosphere.<span id='postcolor'>

Points of the games are to have fun.this is a game last time i check.More vehicles equal more fun.

The point is, is that that wasn't the reason y they made it.

Maybe their reason for why they made it, isn't why we bought it. Besides, who privilaged you knowing 'why' they made the game?

Besides, if I was to guess (since I didn't have the privilage of knowing), I would say that the reason they made the game was to make 'money'. And, the more expansion capabilities a game has available to it via 3rd party providers, the longer the 'I want that game' continues.

As far as ruining the atmosphere goes, you are in control of that, not people that make addons. Install from the box and leave the atmosphere how you like it.l

Personally, I like this idea... I see Rob's point of view, but it does take more than just the soldier to get a war won. Making a campaign or mission that involves mainly vehicles seems like it would appeal to some people more than just squad-level combat. (Besides, who is gonna pick you up at the extract point?) If they want it, I say more power to them. Just keep it balanced. Vehicles can be VERY powerful, especially on a small island. You use helicoptors, just add more shilkas and AA soldiers... You use tanks, add more rocket guys and tank stopping fences. Rob's is right though. Keep it simple and it could be great, but add too many and it's like the old game asteroids - shoot as fast as you can and don't run into anything - very boring.

Yeah, I think there should be a variety of alot of different types of missions, but at the same point, I choose which missions I play, not anyone else. And, that should be the same for everyone else. Don't you think? Personally, the more things available for this game, the more complex, realistic missions could be made. I have a wish list in this game, and basically the number 1 thing is the ability to make your Own Geographical Island, etc. Just my thoughts.

Yes,sometimes addon go to far.thats when it's not fun and i don't play them,but to say flying a heli is not cool is just gay.

Although I do collect alot of addons (185Mb of them) I never use them in any missions I make. I only use the offical units in the editor (unless I decide to make a snow/dessert mission).

Now I am currently working on a "film" for OFP (writing the script (as in the voice script)so far). It's going to be (planning to be) about 2hours long with full voice overs and music and I'm going to useing alot of addons for that.

It will be set in 1985 and is going to be totaly fictional.

I hope you're not planning on making any mp games if we are ever able to make our own maps. That'd suck big time. That's basically why they don't want to let us do this yet I reckon, not until they've well and truly got the basic needs for the game completed, to make the game self sufficient and enjoyable for everyone.