cobrosstuidos

Script to lock out player slots

Is there a way to lock out player slots?

For example. I don't want random pubbies joining Slots 1 - 10, just specific players (friends)

is there a script for this? I can't seem to find any help anywhere, just a few unresolved ArmA 2 discussions which no arma 2 script has worked for me (porting to A3)

Any help would be great!

A number of different ways you can go about this, many of which have been discussed a number of times in this forum section.

Heres one.

Description.ext

class CfgDebriefing
{

class NOT_ALLOWED
{
	title = "This is a reserved slot.";
	description = "This is a reserved slot. Please rejoin using a different slot. Reserved slots are clearly marked on each units description in the lobby as ( Reserved )";
	picture = "";
};
};

initServer.sqf

allowed = call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "allowedIDs.txt";

initPlayerServer.sqf

_player = _this select 0;
_uid = getPlayerUID _player;

if ( _player getVariable [ "reserved", false ] && { !( _uid in allowed ) } ) then {
[ [], "fnc_reservedSlot", _player ] call BIS_fnc_MP;
};

initPlayerLocal.sqf

fnc_reservedSlot = {
player enableSimulationGlobal false;
( "reserved" call BIS_fnc_rscLayer ) cutText [ "This is a reserved slot. Reserved slots are clearly marked in the lobby as ( Reserved ) . Please rejoin using a different slot.", "BLACK OUT", 1, true ];
sleep 10;
endMission "NOT_ALLOWED";
};

allowedIDs.txt << this file gets placed in the folder where your servers Arma3.exe is, it keeps the IDs private as they are not transmitted with the mission and can be updated for all your missions in one place.

//Fill the ARRAY with allowed UIDs - steam IDs
//Look something like "76566179256348507"
[  ];

Then in each units init that you want to be a reserved unit place

this setVariable [ "Reserved", true ]

You can also change their description by filling out the Description section in the insert unit dialog with something like

Group leader (Reserved)

So people know what units not to choose in the lobby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

roleDescription command has been added to DEV branch, might make it easier to determine who selected what slot.

A number of different ways you can go about this, many of which have been discussed a number of times in this forum section.

Heres one.

Description.ext

class CfgDebriefing
{

class NOT_ALLOWED
{
	title = "This is a reserved slot.";
	description = "This is a reserved slot. Please rejoin using a different slot. Reserved slots are clearly marked on each units description in the lobby as ( Reserved )";
	picture = "";
};
};

initServer.sqf

allowed = call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "allowedIDs.txt";

initPlayerServer.sqf

_player = _this select 0;
_uid = getPlayerUID _player;

if ( _player getVariable [ "reserved", false ] && { !( _uid in allowed ) } ) then {
[ [], "fnc_reservedSlot", _player ] call BIS_fnc_MP;
};

initPlayerLocal.sqf

fnc_reservedSlot = {
player enableSimulationGlobal false;
( "reserved" call BIS_fnc_rscLayer ) cutText [ "This is a reserved slot. Reserved slots are clearly marked in the lobby as ( Reserved ) . Please rejoin using a different slot.", "BLACK OUT", 1, true ];
sleep 10;
endMission "NOT_ALLOWED";
};

allowedIDs.txt << this file gets placed in the folder where your servers Arma3.exe is, it keeps the IDs private as they are not transmitted with the mission and can be updated for all your missions in one place.

//Fill the ARRAY with allowed UIDs - steam IDs
//Look something like "76566179256348507"
[  ];

You can also change their description by filling out the Description section in the insert unit dialog with something like

Group leader (Reserved)

thanks it's working great!

Hello,I do not have a initserver.sqf in my mission. There is no problem if I just add it in and upload it to the server all should be ok on a arma 3 server? I am just double checking. The GUID in the EPM RCON tools is the UID? Correct?

UPDATE: All worked out! Thanks for sharing Larrow!

Thanks,

dubl

Hey thanks for the share but I don't understand this part :

Group leader (Reserved)

Where am I supposed to add this ? (I tried in the mission.sqm because the slot are specified from there, didn't work)

Thanks in advance :)

Hey thanks for the share but I don't understand this part :

Where am I supposed to add this ? (I tried in the mission.sqm because the slot are specified from there, didn't work)

Thanks in advance :)

When you create the reserved unit in the editor, you'd edit the Description and Init locations, putting them in.

Bummer... this just stop working. Nothing showing in the logs or script errors. Any ideas or other places to look?

dubl

Will be due to the filePatching restrictions added in 1.50 i think it was. This means loading allowedIDs.txt is not allowed.

You would need to add the -filePatching switch to your servers start up params.

Added the -filepatching to the start params and the allowfilepatching = 1; to the server.cfg ...still not working. Does the file need to be in a new location now? Anything else I should look at?

start up params:

-mod=-filepatching -config=servercfg\A3server.cfg -cfg=servercfg\Users\TCAGame\Arma3.cfg -profiles=servercfg -port=2366 -maxMem=4096 -noSound -nosplash server=server netlog=false

Thanks!

Travis

aka dubl

Hmm shouldnt need allowFilePatching i think thats only if you want to allow file patching for clients. Try adding some debug output using isFilePatchingEnabled just to make sure its working as from your spoiler you look like you have filepatching butted right up against that mod switch and im not sure if that will cause you problems.

LARROW!!!!! Wahoo! I added a space and like magic... all is well!

Thank you!

Travis

aka dubl

Hello,I do not have a initserver.sqf in my mission. There is no problem if I just add it in and upload it to the server all should be ok on a arma 3 server? I am just double checking. The GUID in the EPM RCON tools is the UID? Correct?

UPDATE: All worked out! Thanks for sharing Larrow!

Thanks,

dubl

I know this thread is old, but what did you do because I do not have an initserver.sqf. Thanks.

I know this thread is old, but what did you do because I do not have an initserver.sqf. Thanks.

It's a file you'd need to create.

Yep, create the initserver.sqf. Then add the bit, allowed = call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "allowedIDS.txt";  Should work fine if you set the rest up correctly. Make sure you add the file patching (-filepatching) to the server startup params.

dub

Ok tried all the above and does not seem to work. Sorry to just now be getting back but did not realize my account was not setup to notify me of replies. Any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to add a call somewhere for the new file?

Is your initserver.sqf file listed in Windows explorer as an "SQF File" or a "Text Document"?

Is your initserver.sqf file listed in Windows explorer as an "SQF File" or a "Text Document"?

SQF

Can send your for mission? Can you confirm you setup the startup params correctly on the server (jpeg)? You have to allow filepatching too.

dub

Hey there! Quoting Larrow, "allowedIDs.txt << this file gets placed in the folder where your servers Arma3.exe", not in the mission pbo. So, on your server place the text file in the root. Everything else looks fine provided the startup params are good.

dub

Hey there! Quoting Larrow, "allowedIDs.txt << this file gets placed in the folder where your servers Arma3.exe", not in the mission pbo. So, on your server place the text file in the root. Everything else looks fine provided the startup params are good.

dub

Tried that and still lets people that are not in the id list in the reserved slots. I must have something wrong. I am getting the following.

http://imgur.com/CW3qeiH

Well I only looked your init files. Either the text file is not in correct location or this setVariable [ "Reserved", true ] is not in the units init or the startup params are not correct. It is up to you but I would be willing to do a screen share tomorrow if you want. I am using this one one of my severs now so I know it works.

Actually, if I am remembering correctly 1.50 filepatching is disabled. I believe you need to add this to the server.cfg file on the server too.

allowedFilePatching = 1;

Can you check it?