Sign in to follow this  
vran.

Question about terrain size

Hi, I want to make a really big map, pushing the limits to what OFP/CWA can handle (51 square kilometeres), but it seems that I get a 'out of memory' error even when I make a simple map of that size with no stuff on it. When I was running the game on old system with 32-bit OS, maps of that size ran fine but now that I have 64-bit OS I get that error. I can only make maps size of 25 km2. Does anyone else experience the same issue? Thanks for replys.

pushing the limits to what OFP/CWA can handle

The limits are fixed. From WRPTool manual page 87: "The largest island size OFP engine accepts is 1024x1024 which is 51.2x51.2km area, if you try to get 2048x2048 island into OFP, you have CTD with some memory error".

now that I have 64-bit OS I get that error

I've tested largest islands on both my Win7 x64 machines, both OFP and CWA, maxed out settings (except terrain detail), llaumax sky, dxdll, 10km view distance, small battle with original units and it works fine.

Perhaps your map elevations are too detailed (see page 63 in WRPTool manual).

Perhaps your map elevations are too detailed (see page 63 in WRPTool manual).

No, even when I make an empty (ocean) map the size of 51.2 km2 I get that kind of error. I'm using Win 8.1 currently (XPs on old system but I don't use it anymore). Thanks for reply.

It's been a while, but I do seem to recall an issue where custom terrains would crash if they had no objects. Adding a single object could solve the issue?