Sign in to follow this  
Bucic

Insufficient mission briefing information

I'm in the middle of the Survive campaign.

Often I don't get even basic critical information on the mission about to be commenced before I'm told to rearm/equip for the mission.

- mission goal (sic!)

- time of day and mission time

- team composition (number of people)

- team inventory

So, closer to nothing than anything.

There's even more.

Sometimes, like in the Survive - Attention... mission, I don't know what's expected of me even after I already get to the actual area of operations! Create chaos... Great. How much of chaos pleases the British milady? Trial and error.

1. The objectives for most (if not all) of the missions in Survive are always like this: go to Point A and kill all the bad guys, or defend Point B and kill some more bad guys, then finally run away to Point C. Most of them are essentially showcases anyway so they are very straightforward.

2. Date and time are always displayed once the letterbox fades in for the briefing. The exact date and time of mission commencement is always displayed once you start them of course.

3. Your fellow team mates will always be standing at the assembly point after the briefing ends. The standard composition is almost always in this order: a SL, CLS, GL and AR along with an occasional AT. The composition doesn't really matter much though, since the AI squad leaders are absolutely terrible and will usually end up getting the rest of your squad killed not long into every mission.

4. The recommended gear helper window will always show up when you walk to the armoury. You will rarely (if ever) need anything more than what you are given for the default loadouts for all of the Survive missions.

I posted mainly because I thought I may miss something big. It seems I don't. I'm going to start a mission, see what's going on and revert back to the main base and stock for proper preparation.