Sign in to follow this  
icarus99

Helicopter Advanced Model - Edit control delay locally?

Dear Bohemia Interactive.

Thank you for the advanced helicopter flight model. Thank you.

I admire what you have done to add value and realism to the role of helicopter pilot.

Your software alone was responsible for launching me into helicopter enthusiasm.

I've since tried many other reputed helo simulators.

I have to say that I find the control delay rather sluggish on the little bird, and I'm wondering if I can edit that setting locally?

I've tried upping the sensitivity of my controller and it makes things worse. I find then, that I get more extreme movements, or two different movements happening long after I would expect a response from the first input.

From playing with sensitivity, I think I've determined, that it's the time for input to take effect that feels so different from the xplane/dreamfoil robinson R22 and the DCS Hh-1H.

I can see that smoother controls would make the transition from the old flight model, to the new, easier for non-sim-enthusiast pilots. It would be awesome if we had some local control over the inputs and delay to get things feeling as responsive as sim.s which are evaluated by real pilots as being realistic simulations.

Yes. Arma has long standing flight input control issues that they will not or cannot fix. You may be able to configure your input to your satisfaction but many have not been able to. Good luck.