Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Trigger for mission

I have a trigger that is checking for my helicopter height to remain under 50 foot or it displays a warning message. I was wondering two things instead of the regular game hint, in the upper right corner can I get a large flashing text in middle of screen??

Secondly can I make the trigger go off after a set time of of remaining over the height withing the parameters for a set time of 5 seconds?

Because I have second trigger that ends the game after going over 75 feet. However this trigger ends the game and I need to have some cushion of time to reduce height while traveling through hills etc. Then if it is ignored end the game.

Thanks in advance here is what I am using currently

Trigger size Zero

condition: ((getPos heli1) select 2) >= 55;

on Activation: hint "You're flying too high!";

on deactivation: hint "All good now.";

Thanks in advance guys!!

Sorry this was posted in the regular section not editing my mistake

Well is there anyway to bring the Hint To center of the screen?

I found the timer setting for the trigger, I just want to see if I can get hint to center of screen?

Well is there anyway to bring the Hint To center of the screen?

I found the timer setting for the trigger, I just want to see if I can get hint to center of screen?

Have you looked at "BIS_fnc_dynamicText" ? Here is a link. http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/index.php?action=read&id=231#dynamictext

By using the above you can try placing on Trigger Activation this:

0 = ["You're flying too high!",0, 0.15, 5, 0, 0, 100] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;

And on Trigger Deactivation the other hint

0 = ["All good now.",0, 0.15, 5, 0, 0, 100] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;

Hope that helps.

Regards

Seed

Can you explain what those numbers mean? I am new and trying to learn I recognize the brackets create a variable that can return three parts however because the variable is a string due to the quotes it is different and just displays the text, however the numbers after that are what? They are still part of the variable because they are within the brackets? and spawn BIS_func_dynamicText; is a command?

And what is the 0= part?

Can you explain what those numbers mean? I am new and trying to learn I recognize the brackets create a variable that can return three parts however because the variable is a string due to the quotes it is different and just displays the text, however the numbers after that are what? They are still part of the variable because they are within the brackets? and spawn BIS_func_dynamicText; is a command?

Thats why i posted a link on my previous post. It explains the numbers. Taken from the link here : http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/index.php?action=read&id=231#dynamictext

text: Text

x coord (optional): Number - screen position x

y coord (optional): Number - screen position y

duration (optional): Number - text duration

fade-in time (optional): Number - time it takes for the text to fade in

delta y (optional): Number - up/down movement speed

resource layer (optional): Number - Layer ID

And what is the 0= part?

Look here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nil

Regards

Seed

Thank you to everyone who have respond this is coming along well however the only problme I have now is my second trigger which if the pilot goes over 75 feet ends the mission however I want that to be goes over 75 feet for like 7 or 8 seconds and when I use the timer on trigger it just delays the end for 7 seconds as soon as the player goes over 75 feet for the first time right away that's not going to work for a beginner mission so can anyone help me with that part of the second trigger?

Thank you so much I never understood the min max mid