Sign in to follow this  
AmishShogun

[WIP] Napoleonic Wars Arma 3 Alpha! [Help Wanted]/[Mod Info]

Hello everyone,

My name is AmishShogun (Online Anyways) and I am the main Developer for the Napoleonic Wars mod for Arma 3.

To download the mod subscribe to it here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436943890&searchtext=

The current version is Conceptual Alpha, which means there is many features to add!

Currently the mod has two unique units(A French Model and a English Model), a unique Musket, custom textures and a few other small things.

Currently out team consists of myself, Gio SoupNazi (He is our mapper), and Mrpepper, he is working with me on the code for the mod.

CURRENT WEBSITE!

http://napwar.enjin.com/home

Official teamspeak- 178.32.223.97:10857

Official Steamgroup- http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NWARMA

This website is both for the Mod and for the Regiment

There is a forum post for all regiments to post their info in.

Teamspeak will be up shortly!

What to expect from this mod long time down the road

Unit/gun models from the Napoleonic Wars period

Unit/gun models from the Civil War Time period

Unit/gun models from the WW1 period

Fully functioning artillery pieces from each era

A fully voiced Campaign

A fully voiced movie set in the Napoleonic Wars era.

Horses?!

Melee animations :D

A full music soundtrack

Ships!

and many other futures!

Napoleonic Wars Multiplayer Linebattles

MULTIPLAYER LINEBATTLES IS MEANT TO BE A HISTORICAL REENACTMENT OF THE BATTLES FOUGHT IN THE NAPOLEONIC WARS!

Soon we shall have a server set up and we shall be hosting Multiplayer Linebattles, similar to the ones seen in Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars!

We shall use our website not only for the community but as well as The Royal Irish Brigade. We shall let any groups that go by Irish Regiments to join the Brigade. US Devs will be running the 88th Regiment of Foot Connaught Rangers ("the Devil's Own")

Some regiments that can be found in the Brigade are

18th (Royal Irish) Regiment of Foo

100th Regiment of Foot (Royal Canadians)

Royal Munster Fusiliers

Royal Dublin Fusiliers

87th (Royal Irish Fusiliers) Regiment of Foot

(Not historically accurate, only used as ideas for Regimental Names)

How you can help,

Texturing/Modeling- For this mod to succeed we need dedicated modelers and texturers. Please do not hesitate to help!

Coding/Scripters- I only have limited coding/Scripting knowledge and that's in a different language all together, You will be greeted with open arms if you are willing to join!

Mission Makers- While not needed truly right now, if you have superb mission making skills you could very well find a spot in the Dev Group!

Mappers- While we have a single mapper right now, another one or two would still be extremely helpful, our current one is working on a sample 2k by 2k map to use for Mulitplayer events!

Any other way possible If your able to help in any other way then what is posted above do not hesitate to contact me!

**CONTACT**

You can contact me through Email @ AmishShogun@gmail.com

or through steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044642784

Donations to help this mod attain its goals can be sent via paypal to Amishshogun@gmail.com

This post and the mod itself is in no way near completion!

First version of this mod can be credited to IceWindo

Edited by AmishShogun

will the scripts still be required to make the units stand in a line etc?

there was a mod on OFP back in the day that did all that automatically for you so no scripts needed. was simply plug and play :)

I am not sure about standing in a line but we will eventually add scripts to disable crouching

Even though I really am looking forward to a Napoleonic era mod, this seems a like an unrealistic goal to be setting yourselves. Regardless, I hope you can achieve it! Good luck!

Well, from my experience, when you start talking about things that will be in the future, you may disappoint yourselves if you can't reach it. I could be entirely wrong, but I would focus on getting the basics down before talking about what you have listed here. Sorry if I offended you.

Yeah, It was just a small list of things to come int he future. We are working on the small basic stuff first. Your good man dont worry. I was just wondering what your thoughts where

I am not sure about standing in a line but we will eventually add scripts to disable crouching

Personally i see no need to do this, as you might want to include Rifle Infantry such as the Rifle Brigade who were created to provide sharpshooters, scouts and skirmishers.

Yes it does, Angle. We picked it up from back n 2013.

@Roadkill, Sorry, i mean to say prone not crouch. We are keeping the ability to crouch.