Sign in to follow this  
keitherson

I want to edit warfare

I am planning on hosting a server that is running Benny's warfare, however i would also like to be able to access this mission in the editor to add some extra content. I also want to make some changes like increasing the starting money, possibly turning on thermals and maybe adding some artillery. unfortunatley the mission is in PBO format, which is not compatible with the editor so i cant do this right now. is there a way that i can convert the PBO to somehting that i can edit?

EDIT: also, is there a way that i can log in as an admin with the Host game option in the multiplayer server list? It seems to require a password but i have not set any and this means that i cannot change the mission parameters.

Edited by keitherson

Look up PBO manager.

I already had this program installed, however i do not understand how to use it. i guess im just not that tech saavy

Edit: I can extract the mission SQM. i guess I can edit that and then replace it.

You need the whole mission folder with scripts and everything in there. When you update the mission in the editor the mission.sqm will be updated,

thing is mission wont load without those scripts ect,. that the mission needs.

With pbomanager just start it, and browse for the pbo, then use the last option on the list when you right click the pbo, and extract here this will open the pbo

and extract the whole folder with all scripts and mission.sqm inside, then from there move that whole folder (mission folder) to the proper location, -->

C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\missions

why the sp missions part of the editor and not mpeditor?

Because its faster and easier, and its not like you could just drag the folder over to the mpmissions folder as well and test in the pbo editor or export from Sp editor.

Any questions let me know Im in and out of the editor all the time working with pbos, and configs, ect,.

EDIT: also, is there a way that i can log in as an admin with the Host game option in the multiplayer server list? It seems to require a password but

i have not set any and this means that i cannot change the mission parameters.

You'll need to look at the description.ext script in the mission folder as that is where the parameters are set, most times, for warfare idk they might be there or not.

If you are hosting an MP session you cannot log in as admin... this only works on a dedicated server. That being said if you are the host I'm pretty sure you are supposed to be able to adjust the mission parameters...