Sign in to follow this  
feldmaus

difference thrust accelerate for jets

Hi all,

i have a comprehension problem. I am trying to setup my controls for jets, but dont know what differ the options(Options --> plane-movement, sorry i have the german Arma 3 game) "thrust" and "accelerate"(or is it called throttle in english, dont know)? The 6nd option from the top of the list and the 2nd option from the bottom of the list.

Both options give the jet speed, but what is the difference?

regards

Hey there,

"Schub erhöhen" / "Increase thrust" is simply a button you press to increase your planes' thrust. Simply put, push button, plane goes faster. "Gas (analog)" / "throttle (analogue)" is an analogue control for the throttle lever, used when you have a physical throttle lever in a HOTAS setup.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer. As i recognized, the "increase thrust" is also analogue.

I am using a flight controller set(Logitech G940) and didnt notice any difference in the realization with except for the intensity. The "throttle(analogue)" is little bit more smooth as the "increase thrust".

If there is no further difference, why does Bohemia add 2 buttons for the same function?

regards

Thanks for the answer. As i recognized, the "increase thrust" is also analogue.

I am using a flight controller set(Logitech G940) and didnt notice any difference in the realization with except for the intensity. The "throttle(analogue)" is little bit more smooth as the "increase thrust".

If there is no further difference, why does Bohemia add 2 buttons for the same function?

regards

I have a HOTAS and found the best way to bind throttle was to only use increase thrust for planes.

Bind both the axies of your throttle here. For me Y- is forward on my throttle, and Y+ is to decrease my throttle.

So in increase thrust add both Y- and Y+, I have Y- on top and Y+ below this.

For decrease thrust (which is brake) I bind something else, like a hat or for me I have a rotary dial on my throttle I bind here. This makes me able to control braking in increments.

I use the same logic for helicopters. Though I bind nothing for decrease collective.

Hope this helps...