Hi guys,

Since Eldar and I are creating CSGO missions for ArmA 3, i have a small issue.

I have 2 teams:

CT (Counter-Terrorists) and T (Terrorists)

Now I need a script, dialog or function where if one of the teams win, it adds a point to their team's scoreboard. And as soon as it finishes 22 rounds, the mission ends and displays the scoreboard before restarting the mission 60 seconds later.

I have looked at many of the arma 2 ctf missions and theyre no help to me :(

Also, if dialogs are very easy to create, maybe link me an ArmA 3 tutorial on how to create one. (I am very used to Visual Basic as well so I happen to adapt quickly to tutorials)

Kind Regards,

Rawner135 / Ranwer

Just create 3 variables that are handled by the server, one to keep up with the number of rounds (22), and one for each of the sides, then just increment each side's variable based on the win condition of each round, then once 22 total is reached, you could easily display the score with cutText, titleText, or a dialog as you stated (I have no experience with dialogs though), then execute the necessary code for mission restart (not too sure what that would be).

Edited by JShock

Just create 3 variables that are handled by the server, one to keep up with the number of rounds (22), and one for each of the sides, then just increment each side's variable based on the win condition of each round, then once 22 total is reached, you could easily display the score with cutText, titleText, or a dialog as you stated (I have no experience with dialogs though), then execute the necessary code for mission restart (not too sure what that would be).

Thanks Jshock,

Also, what i also meant was as a situation:

After match announces round winner, spawn all players back to their positions.

After the rounds are finished and scores are displayed, mission would restart by forcing players back to the server's lobby and then either count down to start of mission or waitUntill players are ready.

Overall, at end of round i just technicaly reset everything in the mission as it was when it started.

And the restart match, just need a simple script that will end the mp match and force players back to the server's lobby.

And cheers for your help! :D

Kind Regards,

Rawner135 / Ranwer

About the respwan back to their position, (and even spctate script) , i thimk you should contact Galzohar and ask help from him

(he created DTAS , when you died you will spctate from youre teammate and he have score board and round based system)

I like this idea. Are you planning to implement a money system similar to CS GO?

About the respwan back to their position, (and even spctate script) , i thimk you should contact Galzohar and ask help from him

(he created DTAS , when you died you will spctate from youre teammate and he have score board and round based system)

After the release of the mission, yes. I have finished off the main things which make up the gamemode. :)

Guys, What am I doing wrong here? :confused:

init.sqf:

sideW = "0";
sideE = "0";

T_Win.sqf:

cutText format ["CT: %1 - T: %2", sideW, sideE + 1];

CT_Win.sqf:

cutText format ["CT: %1 - T: %2", sideW + 1, sideE];

When T_Win.sqf initiates, it gives 1 point to them and displays the current score.

Same with CT_Win.sqf. If they win, it adds a point and displays it.

How would I do this? And I'm aiming to not use the cutText, but a:

BIS_fnc_typeText2

or the:

BIS_fnc_infoText

Regards,

Rawner135

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Solved,

Thanks for everything guys, eventually the mission should be published on the forums and Steam Workshop by this week :D

hey can you give me the script file? cus i am also trying to make a cs go mission i got everything working but just the round part..