Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Bullet Cam - Slow Time

Hi guys,

Just wondering if theres a way to disable the kill cam untill a direct hit is detected.

When detected, it will slow down time as it leaves the barrel for a couple of seconds, then time slowed down again as its 5 m away from the target.

I do believe time can be slowed down in ArmA, just wish if theres a way to make the above work for the kill cam.

Also, dont worry about MP side, im only looking for a SinglePlayer version of my question.

Kind Regards,

Rawner135 / Ranwer

It sounds like script would have to know that the bullet is on target and the bullet will be the fatal damage so script already knows the damage state of target. I will love to see this also.

My KillCam mod works a bit differently but it only fires on killed event handler and does not include bullet cam. See here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2854518

I think I just found the answer to slowing time ;)

Link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setAccTime

Even though setAccTime speeds up time, but what about using a negative symbol on the left of the number :D

So therefore, using a negative symbol will slow down time:

setAccTime -1;

On another discovery, If I name my enemy unit target1, and my player unit player1. I could use a cursorTarget function to detect the direct hit! :o

//Enemy's init (in editor)

player addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this execVM "detection_init.sqf"}];

//detection_init.sqf

targetView = cursorTarget;
If (targetView == target1) then
{
[] execVM "kill_cam.sqf";
}
Else
{
titleText ["You Missed!", "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

Well that seems to be solved now, but not sure if it works because I'm not on arma right now XD
  • Like 1

I think I just found the answer to slowing time ;)Link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setAccTimeEven though setAccTime speeds up time, but what about using a negative symbol on the left of the number :DSo therefore, using a negative symbol will slow down time:

setAccTime -1;
On another discovery, If I name my enemy unit target1, and my player unit player1. I could use a cursorTarget function to detect the direct hit! :O
//Enemy's init (in editor)

[URL="https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/player"][FONT=Courier New]player[/FONT][/URL][FONT=Courier New] [B]addEventHandler[/B] ["Fired", {_this [/FONT][URL="https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/exec"][FONT=Courier New]exec[/FONT][/URL][FONT=Courier New]VM "detection_init.sqf"}][/FONT]

//detection_init.sqf

target1 = cursorTarget;
If (target1 = true) then
{
[] execVM "kill_cam.sqf";
}
Else
{
player say3D "DarnIMissed";
};

Well that seems to be solved now, but not sure if it works because I'm not on arma right now XD

So did it work?

So did it work?

Updated the code above now, so yes it should work now.  :)

Although, using cursorTarget could be a bit inaccurate, so it may report back success if you aim a little off.

• Like 1

Updated the code above now, so yes it should work now.  :)

Although, using cursorTarget could be a bit inaccurate, so it may report back success if you aim a little off.

I actually want to use it only when the player shoots an enemy unit defined by _veh under the sqf. And the slow motion to immediately exit after hitting the target and not stay there for about a real-time second afterwards. (like a video by Armaidiot).

Thanks

I doubt that would work. I mean, what if there's bullet drop? Or the target moves after firing? And if I recall correctly cursortarget isn't always that accurate.

Reliably predicting the bullet's trajectory would be nearly impossible. Using hit/killed EHs would probably work better.

And setacctime only accepts values  above zero, so 0.1 would probably be slow enough.

• Like 1

I doubt that would work. I mean, what if there's bullet drop? Or the target moves after firing? And if I recall correctly cursortarget isn't always that accurate.

Reliably predicting the bullet's trajectory would be nearly impossible. Using hit/killed EHs would probably work better.

And setacctime only accepts values  above zero, so 0.1 would probably be slow enough.

I understand that, but the script above is not intended to be complete but a guided solution for my problem (which I am aware of some of those issues you have pointed out). I was originaly after a slow motion script that fires before the bullet fatally kills the target.

player addEventHandler ["Fired",
{
	_bullet = (_this select 6);
	_bullet spawn
	{
		hint "Shot fired\nBegin Collecting Data";
		_lineBreak = toString [13, 10];
		_data = "----------" + _linebreak + "BEGIN SHOT DATA" + _linebreak + "----------" + _linebreak;
                _startTime = time;
		while {speed _this > 1} do
		{
			_data = _data + (str (velocity _this) + _linebreak);
		};
                _endTime = time;
		_data = _data + "----------" + _linebreak + "END SHOT DATA" + _linebreak + "----------" + _linebreak + "Start Time: " + (str _startTime) + " | " + "End Time: " + (str _endTime) + _linebreak + "Total Time: " + (str (_endTime - _startTime));
		copyToClipboard _data;
		hint "Shot stopped\nEnd Collecting Data";
	};
}];

Enjoy your data! Hope you're good at math!*

*Also, I recommend you shoot one at a time

• Like 1