Sign in to follow this  
opendome

Creating Insignias with Photoshop

I've spent days trying to figure out how to add embroidery textures to a patch through photoshop and every different way to do it has given me brick walls. Its been extremely frustrating (like for some reason I dont even have an appearance panel and a bunch of other ridiculous stuff). I'm trying to make this patch (http://i61.tinypic.com/2dbt0y1.jpg)look like a regular embroidered texture like the other insignias but its just brick wall after brick wall. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Take a deep breath ;) there are many ways to go about it. Easy way find a threaded embroidery base template for bottom layer, try overlay your patch. Then add in threads to each individual shape (hard to explain). Again, many different approaches, esp with photoshop

Hey guys! Sorry for the slow response, had to jsut step away from it for a bit. There needs to be a ARMA hotline for people having nervous breakdowns for modders and people with performance issues. Thanks Zukov! I'm a photoshop/graphics noob (I make missions lol), I just tried to make a basic multicam version of the patch, what would you recommend?

Like, are you attempting to make patches for Arma 3 groups feature, or... make a patch mod pack?

Hey guys! Sorry for the slow response, had to jsut step away from it for a bit. There needs to be a ARMA hotline for people having nervous breakdowns for modders and people with performance issues. Thanks Zukov! I'm a photoshop/graphics noob (I make missions lol), I just tried to make a basic multicam version of the patch, what would you recommend?

not bad is a png you may use directly this or send a pm to me for the photoshop file

crest21.png

You can also use Paint.NET with the Stitch plugin installed. I haven't used it yet, but it looks like it will do the job!

Sent from my Motorola Moto G using Tapatalk