Sign in to follow this  
theevancat

Glowing Dials

So I've been concerned about the dials in my aircraft, as seen here:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536266705766195190/5C89B1A07765421DCFA3659965D184699B9DC050/

The glass seems to either be glowing or, in a prior case, clouded white:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536266705758962240/E7804AF59385CF94C828616FEB8B62A6A5CD65E7/

I have no idea what's happening here. Apparently it stems from sorting alphas, which I did. I moved the faces to the top because I was told that fixed the clouded white problems. How would I fix this, and what's the cause?

Sort the alpha's bruh. Thats how I fixed that on my AH-1Z and our optics.

Sort the alpha's bruh. Thats how I fixed that on my AH-1Z and our optics.

Dude, I tried that when you first told me and got the first pic.

Dude, I tried that when you first told me and got the first pic.

You don't really need to sort the Alpha, you need to use 'Move Top' and 'Move Bottom' on the right surfaces in the right order to make sure the alpha is drawn in the right order.

I would select all the normal textured surfaces, 'Move Bottom', then select the glass gauge faces, 'Move Top', then select the cockpit windows, 'Move Top'.

The clouded white problem could be shadows, rvmats or just the opacity of the texture.

You don't really need to sort the Alpha, you need to use 'Move Top' and 'Move Bottom' on the right surfaces in the right order to make sure the alpha is drawn in the right order.

I would select all the normal textured surfaces, 'Move Bottom', then select the glass gauge faces, 'Move Top', then select the cockpit windows, 'Move Top'.

The clouded white problem could be shadows, rvmats or just the opacity of the texture.

Tried to move to the top and the same problem happens. Still cloudy white. These RVMATs come way the hell back from A2 (and I think the model itself if a port from A1) so that might explain it.