Sign in to follow this  
Fushko

Workshop NOT updating items

Many people are having problems updating their workshop items. I'm personally stuck with a ton of outdated missions that don't update to the latest version. Some proof that I'm not mad:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408123674&searchtext=

"3/15/2014 - UPDATED - Apparently the last round of updates didn't upload to steam workshop, which apparently happens sometimes to ARMA 3 mods. I haven't been able to get the original files working, so this is simply a reupload with the latest updates and fixes I'd been working on."

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330924923&searchtext=HLC+MP5+pack

In the comments: "...I have been trying FOR MONTHS to get Workshop to push through the update and so far it has not done that. I CAN'T be held responsible for that, it's outside my control so cool your jets. SW is broken, not my mod. As soon as it unfucks itself you should be able to use it."

There's also a ticket made by someone that could not get workshop to update: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22480

What's going on here? Is Bohemia or Steam to blame here? Are you also having the same issues?

Hi, I've reached both of those creators using Steam developer comments. We have not changed anything for scenario updates in game, that should work as it used to.

Are there some more cases that you know of? Can you describe your situation, or, preferably, create an issue on the feedback tracker with logs attached?

(The user making this ticket reported it as fixed. )

I had the same problem with my own mission:

Updated it, tried to play it through subscribed scenarios but it was the old one.

Unsubbed, subbed again, restarted steam. No luck.

I had to delete the cached folder at Steam\userdata\<steamid>\ugc\referenced\<workshop item id?> (which, by the way, contained the updated version. Yet running it in-game, still opened the old version).

Also deleted the ugcmsgcache folder. (I don't know if that mattered though)

After this Steam finally downloaded the new mission.

Hi, I've reached both of those creators using Steam developer comments. We have not changed anything for scenario updates in game, that should work as it used to.

Are there some more cases that you know of? Can you describe your situation, or, preferably, create an issue on the feedback tracker with logs attached?

(The user making this ticket reported it as fixed. )

The user in the ticket meant that it was fixed for himself I believe, but not for everyone else. If you are subscribed BEFORE an update, you don't get said update. I'm not entirely sure if you get the newest version if you subscribed after an update, though.

Other 2 cases where I'm unable to play the new versions:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408317768

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375092418

I had the same problem with my own mission:

Updated it, tried to play it through subscribed scenarios but it was the old one.

Unsubbed, subbed again, restarted steam. No luck.

I had to delete the cached folder at Steam\userdata\<steamid>\ugc\referenced\<workshop item id?> (which, by the way, contained the updated version. Yet running it in-game, still opened the old version).

Also deleted the ugcmsgcache folder. (I don't know if that mattered though)

After this Steam finally downloaded the new mission.

I tried this a while ago while attempting to troubleshoot this issue. If I remember correctly, deleting ugcmsgcache fixed the issue but it also deleted save files, therefore I don't wanna try to test that again.

Yeah, the second one those examples is my mission I mentioned.

Could the reason be I updated the item while using the dev branch? I might have done that at least the first time it didn't work. I later uploaded it again with stable.

deleted save files, therefore I don't wanna try to test that again

The workshop saves are preserved in your profile together with the related PBO version. When the mission is updated with a new PBO, the saves are discarded. But you can try preserving the saves and copying the new PBO version to them. Find the workshop saves in Documents/Arma 3/Saved/Steam

Be advised though that they will probably not work with the updated version if the mission changed moderately (that's why we discard them).

Devbranch should not be a factor in this.

I had a similar issue with a mission I built myself. I updated it but it wasn't applying the changes afterwards. I found out that this was a Steam issue for me, Steam simply queued up the mission update, but didn't start it. I had to manually start it in the Download section.