Sign in to follow this  
npk

Terrain Builder Performance Dops

Hello everyone.

I have recently begun dwelling into the world of terrain creation - So far it's all new and exciting, but I have some strange issues while using Terrain Builder - I constantly get performance drops such as slow downs and periods where everything locks up, seems like my CPU is spiking pretty hard only running Terrain Builder, this is becoming a frustrating choice as I from one time to another lose the ability to recover from the slow downs and lock ups, forcing me to restart and potentially losing progress.

Has anyone else experienced Terrain Builder behaving like this? It's annoying to get large lag spikes and lock ups in a steady stream, when you're trying to be creative.

Cheers,

Fiz

Do you have any specific situation when it happens? Do you have huge amount of objects and try to select/move them or do you try to edit multiple terrain verticles? These actions at least for me lag up a lot.

I am having the exact same issue.

When I imported my terrain.xyz into the terrain builder I get huge lag spike. Especially when I import the satelite map.

After that I cannot do anything anymore. I even have to restart my pc.

Importing as .asc is faster than .xyz

Importing you sat/mask or normal as .png also takes forever, all you can do is go watch a long movie, importing as either .tiff or .bmp is so much faster

Once you have them imported though you can save the project, making loading it up almost instant, also if you change the sat/mask or normal you can give it them same name as the original, then choose 'refresh content from source' as it's faster than reimporting.