Sign in to follow this  
HaZZarD

Reasons behind Desync ?

Hey guys , like the title says, I would like to know the main reasons behind desync issues as recently me and my friends are facing very gamebreaking desync problems.

Some info

I host games from my pc

Port Forwarding on firewall and router done

PC specs : windows 8 - Intel i5-2500K @4,5 Ghz - 670 - Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 - 8GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws - SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB

My internet speedtest : http://i.imgur.com/2hiJ4Af.jpg

Players joining my sessions are 10 max with an average of 6/7

We always play modded and we use Play With Six for our collections and launching the game, I have no proof thos if those joining me use exactly my same mods.

Desync happened even with just 3 players joining the server and on very basic missions with just the Zeus module, RHS mod, Halo jump and virtual arsenal in it

Feel free to ask if you need more info, thanks

Edited by HaZZarD

1mbps upload is most likely not enough. It's probably not even desync, it's just good old fashion 'lag'.

1mbps upload is most likely not enough. It's probably not even desync, it's just good old fashion 'lag'.

We checked and pings were ok while desync at high levels.

I don't remember where but I read that ideally you should have 0.1 up for each player, so having me 1.0 mb up in total , untill I host for no more than 10 players, like I do, should be ok.

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

I would like to add that desync is not always happening and that specially in the past I had no such problems, for this reason I would like to find out what is causing this and fix it.

Edited by HaZZarD

Monitor your system with perfmon, to make sure your system is keeping up. It could be the mission is a bit too much to process.

You could also try if the dsync occurs when your not playing (using server exe).

Edited by ozzbik

Monitor your system with perfmon, to make sure your system is keeping up. It could be the mission is a bit too much to process.

You could also try if the dsync occurs when your not playing (using server exe).

I never tried the server exe and I don't know how to host with it, what about using TADST ?

Ok I will try check with perfmon, thanks

I never tried the server exe and I don't know how to host with it, what about using TADST ?

Ok I will try check with perfmon, thanks

You can use tadst to easily setup your dedicated windows server. So that would be a good option. Make sure you enable the networklogging in TADST (tickbox).

You can use tadst to easily setup your dedicated windows server. So that would be a good option. Make sure you enable the networklogging in TADST (tickbox).

Thanks dude

One question, I'am not an expert of AIII editor and specially of scripting but my missions still have always met me and my friends requirements so until now all ok, except when desync happen.

When I tried to host my missions with TADST however those same missions that worken when hosting in the regular way here failed to work as intended, so from what I understand the missions that work when hosting in the regular way may not work when hosting with a dedicated server.

Why this happen and where can I find more info on how to make missions that work on dedicated server too ?

many thanks for helping