Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

How to bind multimedia keys on keyboard?

Anyone know if this is somehow possible? I'm trying out a new keyboard and have a few extra keys...

Browser_Back

Browser_Forward

Browser_Refresh

Browser_Stop

Browser_Search

Browser_Favorites

Browser_Home

Volume_Mute

Volume_Down

Volume_Up

Media_Next

Media_Prev

Media_Stop

Media_Play_Pause

When trying to bind some of them the are recignice as a empty key (string) in the setup resulting that all keys only can be bound to one action.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

You could test by editing the profile config file and adding key codes manually.

For example find some command you recognize and add 234 (Browser_Back) in there. Alternative codes are separated with commas.

Don't know about your keyboard but with the logitech setpoint software for my g5 I can bind any of the buttons to certain keystrokes. This is set up with game profiles so when arma3.exe is running the left and right tilt function on the mousewheel is bound to output ctrl+a and ctrl+d which controls the sidestep stance.

It might be possible that you have the same functionality in the software for the new keyboard.

You could test by editing the profile config file and adding key codes manually.

For example find some command you recognize and add 234 (Browser_Back) in there. Alternative codes are separated with commas.

I tried adding the keycodes manually to the config file but it didn't work. The wierd thing is that by doing so it did list the correct key (Media_Stop) in the key config screen instead of an empty string but when pressing it in game nothing happend.

/KC

I tried adding the keycodes manually to the config file but it didn't work. The wierd thing is that by doing so it did list the correct key (Media_Stop) in the key config screen instead of an empty string but when pressing it in game nothing happend.

/KC

Yeah, I tried that too, and it didn't work. The game just doesn't recognize them when pressed.

I guess you could try to find some 3rd party remapper/macro software which binds the keys to keycodes/combinations the game knows, as forteh suggested.

Edited by Greenfist

Yes, I'm planning to test with AutoHotkey and see if there is a workaround.

/KC

Perhaps relevant..... Since game version 1.40, pressing any media key on my G510 makes my character rotate right. Play, pause, forward rewind, even mute and the volume wheel.