Sign in to follow this  
ravenmorpheus

Shortcut parameters - not enough room

Hello

I just upgraded my video card to a nVidia from an ATI and previously I had run Arma 2 OA from a profile in ATI Tray Tools.

I have the following startup parameters -

-nosplash -maxmem=4096 -maxvram=1024 -cpuCount=4 -exthreads=7 -mod=@fallujah1_2;@ad_helos;@ONS-OA;@INKO;@mad_resh;@McTierOne;@SGW_Afghan;@mad_build;@PVT;@RAH66;@ou_air_beta3;@okt_NoBlur;@MCN_Aliabad;@JSRS1.4;@DFS_FPScounter;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

The problem I'm now having is that the desktop shortcut I'm using (normal windows one) doesn't seem to have enough room, it stops right at @CBA_A, missing off the 2 and the next bit, and thus the game won't start.

Please someone advise me how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

You can use Steam to set launch parameters:

Right click Arma 3 (In your library) > Properties (At the bottom) > General (Should be the default opening tab) > Set Launch Options...

You can also make a batch file in the same place where arma3.exe is, and use a shortcut of that.

To make a batch file, create a file called launch.bat (or whatever you want to name it, just make sure it ends with .bat and not with .bat.txt or something), and place the same code in with arma3.exe at the start, like this:

[color=#1874CD]arma3.exe[/color] -nosplash -maxmem=4096 -maxvram=1024 -cpuCount=4 -exthreads=7 -mod=@fallujah1_2;@ad_helos;@ONS-OA;@INKO;@mad_resh;@McTierOne;@SGW_Afghan;@mad_build;@PVT;@RAH66;@ou_air_beta3;@okt_NoBlur;@MCN_Alia bad;@JSRS1.4;@DFS_FPScounter;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

EDIT: By the way I'd also recommend "-world=empty", "-skipIntro " and "-malloc=system" parameters.

Edited by 654wak654

You can use Steam to set launch parameters:

Right click Arma 3 (In your library) > Properties (At the bottom) > General (Should be the default opening tab) > Set Launch Options...

You can also make a batch file in the same place where arma3.exe is, and use a shortcut of that.

To make a batch file, create a file called launch.bat (or whatever you want to name it, just make sure it ends with .bat and not with .bat.txt or something), and place the same code in with arma3.exe at the start, like this:

[color=#1874CD]arma3.exe[/color] -nosplash -maxmem=4096 -maxvram=1024 -cpuCount=4 -exthreads=7 -mod=@fallujah1_2;@ad_helos;@ONS-OA;@INKO;@mad_resh;@McTierOne;@SGW_Afghan;@mad_build;@PVT;@RAH66;@ou_air_beta3;@okt_NoBlur;@MCN_Alia bad;@JSRS1.4;@DFS_FPScounter;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

EDIT: By the way I'd also recommend "-world=empty", "-skipIntro " and "-malloc=system" parameters.

Thanks, I'll make a batch file (I knew there was something like that but just couldn't remember).

Unfortunately my copy isn't the Steam copy of Arma 2 so setting launch parameters that way won't work.

Advice much appreciated though, just tried the batch file and it worked fine.

Thanks, I'll make a batch file (I knew there was something like that but just couldn't remember).

Unfortunately my copy isn't the Steam copy of Arma 2 so setting launch parameters that way won't work.

Advice much appreciated though, just tried the batch file and it worked fine.

Glad I could help :oops:

BTW as far as I recall Oktane recommends putting OKT_noblur as the last in the modline.

One way I get round the line-length issue is to make a modfolder collection of small mods I always run - st_hud, ft_collision, ammocheck, etc. Called it @stmods (for "standard mods").

You could also create a txt file and run it like this arma3.exe -par=yourfile.txt

In the text file you then put the following lines:

-nosplash
-maxmem=4096
-maxvram=1024
-cpuCount=4
-exthreads=7
-noSplash
-skipIntro
-Malloc=system
-World=Empty
-mod=@fallujah1_2;@ad_helos;@ONS-OA;@INKO;@mad_resh;@McTierOne;@SGW_Afghan;@mad_build;@PVT;@RAH66;@ou_air_beta3;@MCN_Aliabad;@JSRS1.4;@DFS_FPScounter;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@okt_NoBlur;

Remember to keep each parameter on its own line.

@MFG4ever: that's much nicer (& easier to edit) than one really long line of text. Never looked at the -par switch, oops!

Thank you :)

@MFG4ever: that's much nicer (& easier to edit) than one really long line of text. Never looked at the -par switch, oops!

Thank you :)

You're welcome.