Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

What's up with all the new cars?

I hope I don't offend anyone, but what is up with all of the new cars that are being made for OFP?

I can see how having your favorite car in the game might be nice, and they might be nice for stunts or racing, but wouldn't it make more sense to add new APCs or IFVs?

if you don't like it, don't downloat it wink.gif

i'm not very interested in all the cars coming up every day. that's why i don't take any notice of them. maybe you should try the same smile.gif

Oh well, they can do whatever they want, and cars seem to be the fad right now (kind of like Blackhawk Down mods & missions last year)

Should this go in addon and mods? confused.gif Who cares what they do, like [TU]$33ker said if ya dont like it dont download it. wink.gif

My take on it is that doing a car in O2 is a lot easier than doing say a Fox armoured car. You dont have to worry about weapons and all the attendant worries. It's just make the model, texture it, and go (that's my 'never used O2' opinion though).

it's just this: we don't want to play OFP worrying about who will blow us up..sometime, there is peace in OFP.(while you are alive)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 29 2002,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's just this: we don't want to play OFP worrying about who will blow us up..sometime, there is peace in OFP.(while you are alive)<span id='postcolor'>

What Ralph is trying to say is that he enjoys driving around Nogova in his convertible along with his Peter Pan (happy site) friend. They stop for a picnic in the valley and listen to the birds sing. As they spread the blanket and get ready to put the jelly on their peanut butter sandwiches, I - advocate in my Russian uniform come out from behind the trees blasting them both away with my AT4 after which I treat myself to an already prepared picnic sandwich.

I have nothing against cars. I don't want too many of them, but it's always nice to ride in a Ferrari around the island. biggrin.gif

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Sep. 30 2002,00wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have nothing against cars. I don't want too many of them, but it's always nice to ride in a Ferrari around the island. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A ferrari with a missile launcher would be cool. Bond-style  smile.gif

Well, first it was waves of planes and jets, now it's civvy cars...I'm just hanging out for the wave of armoured ground vehicles... tounge.gif

My guess is that it´s easier to acquire already existing 3D models from other games or model resources that have plenty of AC (MS flightsim i.e.) or civillian stuff,

than for APC´s or MBT´s and other military equipment.

You simply need to convert the 3D model, instead of making a new one from scratch.

A couple of weapons that were released lately were also clearly taken from other games, including the high-res textures.

Not only did the individuals behind those 'new' weapons probably not ask permission to do that, but they also didn't acknowledge the fact that they are based on other people's work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 29 2002,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope I don't offend anyone, but what is up with all of the new cars that are being made for OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

I can only speak for myself, but my I did my first car addon because I really like the Koenigsegg and wanted to see it in OFP smile.gif During that process I learned a bit about O2 and especially how to use it to make a car. I made many design errors in the learning process, so I wanted to make a new really high-quality addon, and that's what I'm working on now.

Why didn't I do anything military? Three reasons:

[*] The simple fact that it is much easier to get textures for civilian cars then for military vehicles.

[*] Most mainstream weapon systems have been made or are in the progress of being made.

[*] IRL there is a much greater civilian diversity then the military one. There are numerous types of cars that you will see in the streets. I want the same thing for the OFP world.

Anyway, there is no reason for this being in OT, this is more a Addons & Mods discussion.

Moving smile.gif

I went on a kick where all I downloaded for ahwile was civilian cars. I would set up an awesome road course on Malden (the best island for a paved road rally simulation) and race my heart out against the computer and my next door neighbor. THEN I downloaded the OV-10 Bronco and now I'm on a down and dirty CAS mission kick. For some reason the sigh of OV-10s wheeling above me and strafing the enemy encampments while I'm crouched behind a hill nearby just gets my adrenaline pumping.

to all OFP car makers, what we really need is less friggin race cars and more coldwar era eastern european models, for realisms sake. plus.. their just really cool.

sovautowebring

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">to all OFP car makers, what we really need is less friggin race cars and more coldwar era eastern european models, for realisms sake. plus.. their just really cool.

<span id='postcolor'>

My point! biggrin.gifsmile.gif

bye,

gr4vy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Sep. 29 2002,21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My take on it is that doing a car in O2 is a lot easier than doing say a Fox armoured car.  You dont have to worry about weapons and all the attendant worries.  It's just make the model, texture it, and go (that's my 'never used O2' opinion though).<span id='postcolor'>

you poor, poor, naive little fool tounge.gif