Sign in to follow this  
supergrunt

Badly in need of help

while playing ofp resistance (or 1.46) my game screws up its like being in a very very thick fog !!

this appears to happen randomly its not like it happens all the time

yesterday it was fine today the problem is back

my specs are

AMD thuynderbird 1,3 ghz

256 mb ram

64 mb geforce 3

soundblaster audigity

Windows XP home edition

a installed all the newest drivers yesterday and it seemed to have worked i could play the game but today the problem seems to have returned

i am getting desperate it did not have this problem in windows 98 SE it only appears to be in XP

please HELP !!!!

Can you describe the symptoms in more detail? Are you actually seeing something that looks like fog, are you seeing color banding, or do objects simply not appear?

A screenshot would probably be best.

it looks like i am realy in a thick fog if i look around me a cant see anything if i look up i can see a clear bleu sky (with clouds) and also then i can see a roof of a car by example only the roof is also gray and badly visible

i will try to post a screen shot later

here the screenshot

i circled some objects to let you see that the objects are still there

ehhmmm i cant seem to post my screenshot please help me with this problem too sad.gif

What VGA drivers do you use ?

Best drivers are found on http://www.nvidia.com

Download the xp detonator drivers version 30.82.

I had a prob too this weekend and it was fixed with installing the drivers.

My specs are almost the same

Athlon 1.4

Geforce3 - 64 Mb Pro

SB Audigy

I never encountered that problem though.

i love you guys ho seem te want to help me get rid of the problem but one thing you all seem to miss

I GOT THE LATEST NVIDIA DRIVERS the problem seemed to be gone but a day later it was back sad.gif

Sounds like you have no textures on all your objects... right? Everything is white/gray?

Anyway, that has to do with drivers or bad memory chips on the vid card. (as far as I know)

if the problem has to do with bad drivers or a bed mem chip on vid card it woudn't work under win 98SE either right ?

well under Win 98SE it work fine confused.gif

so then it seems to be a problem with XP in my case

anybody knows some more solutions ??

No, FADE just screws up the accuracy of weapon, or atleast thats what I've heard.

Im gonna have to agree with you on it being XP 's fault.

I also have XP and constantly have strange problems that go away and come back and go away and come back and....

anyway, lets all take a vow to never buy incomplete software again, that way the big greedy coprs have no choice but to make products that actually work, hey, maybe we will get lucky and they will work well!!

Okay people.

FADE, is only for counterfit copies of ofp, although it can be turned on in the command line. It simply degrades the performance of you ( aim, speed, etc)

It may help to read the readme and the manual.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (swae @ Oct. 17 2002,19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay people.

FADE, is only for counterfit copies of ofp, although it can be turned on in the command line. It simply degrades the performance of you ( aim, speed, etc)

It may help to read the readme and the manual.<span id='postcolor'>

FADE can be enabled using the command-line? wow.gif

That's news to me -- would you mind telling us how?

Guest BratZ

And how do you figure its only for fake copies? Lettme guess,if you copy a cd its there but not on the original?

Nay

it is a program that gets activated when burned, seriously, READ!

I am going to dodge Mister Frag's question though....

(mental note to self, no going to forums while high) wink.gif

anyway, does this happen while playing on and offline, i have had short periods (.5-1sec) of what i think is what you are describing when it gets too laggy online.  

Try adjusting your graphics settings, use the OFp "prefrences", it has a lot more options then in game.

otherwise i must repeat myself in saying winXP sucks.

oh,yeah, did 1.85 help?

Windows XP has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It's an operating system, not a video driver. Lots of people use OFP with Windows without any trouble (myself included).

The problem is likely to be a driver setting or a bug in the driver.

So the OS that runs everything has nothing to do with it? And what about the drivers, you need different drivers for the same cards with different OSs, right?

I'm gonna start a winxp hategroup. lol

The OS provides basic services such as memory management, I/O, scheduling for the running processes and threads etc.

However, it doesn't talk to any of the devices and resources directly, whether it is a keyboard, mouse, I/O controller, disk, video card, or whatever.

You need different drivers for the same peripherals because different operating systems have different device driver architectures.