Sign in to follow this  
ironmentalist

Virtual firefight:lybia

Hey everyone i'm very proud to announce my first addon for ArmA's community i will talk about it just after a little assumption:1)as i'm totally new in modding i ask not force me about time and contents.2)this project can take long time to be completed due to my not too much experience/time

oook!now let's talk about this stuff. What will the mod is? A total modification:i mean vehicles camo factions weapons MAPS (argh it's a pain;)) and last but very important GAMEPLAY. War is not "i will walk alone in the middle of a firefight". I will implement a system that will explicitely FORCE peoples to play togheter very close to vehicles.

I will hopefully implement new faction: ISIS (i hate isis dont annoy me with boring stuff please) and ITALIAN army. Yes ,italian army :0...the story will be setteled in current times so vehicles will be the best technologically possible for the armies (not too much futuristic stuff ,i dont'really like it...). The map will feature Lybian areas with UNIQUE BIG BUILDINGS and there will be a strong logistical components too. Basically i want make of this mod the BEST TACTICAL SQUAD BASED FPS. That's all till now. If you are interested simply pm me more we are better it is...anycase i'm ready to go ahead alone;) See you the next update guys:)

If you are just starting out in the modding scene and don't have much free time, perhaps a total modification is a bad idea. I'd suggest starting small and building up to something bigger, perhaps the units as a starting point.

i know bro in fact im starting with little things (Toyota pickup) then i will do little objects as weapons helmets and suits and then bigger vehicles and weapons (like artillery pieces. The map is in wip (the terrain) thanks for your interest;)

ehy guys some little update..i'm working on some weapons but mainly on buildings...here some pics of one of the best:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115552706937047391970/posts/AEBR8m5pMk8?pid=6135332517843579058&oid=115552706937047391970

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115552706937047391970/posts/AEBR8m5pMk8?pid=6135332537902180722&oid=115552706937047391970

now i'm having very hard problems to get it working on the game,probably because i'm not familiar with cinfigs...if you that are reading this post want to help me solving that trouble please partecipate to my discussion here please with suggestions\corrections (and actually i would EXTREMELY thankful if someone experienced could create a working sample of config for buildings...i know there are examples on the web but i miss something and they doesnt work=)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189793-Having-issue-with-config-cpp

thanks and cheers

I will implement a system that will explicitely FORCE peoples to play togheter very close to vehicles.

Hm... now you got my attention mate. Can't wait to see what you come up with, good luck!

ehy guys some little update..i'm working on some weapons but mainly on buildings...here some pics of one of the best:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115552706937047391970/posts/AEBR8m5pMk8?pid=6135332517843579058&oid=115552706937047391970

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115552706937047391970/posts/AEBR8m5pMk8?pid=6135332537902180722&oid=115552706937047391970

now i'm having very hard problems to get it working on the game,probably because i'm not familiar with cinfigs...if you that are reading this post want to help me solving that trouble please partecipate to my discussion here please with suggestions\corrections (and actually i would EXTREMELY thankful if someone experienced could create a working sample of config for buildings...i know there are examples on the web but i miss something and they doesnt work=)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189793-Having-issue-with-config-cpp

thanks and cheers

I would have to agree greatly with Jackal.. We aren't trying to put you down but it sounds to me more like your hype training a project that even with a full team of experienced modders and scripters would take some time... I am curious about the forcing units to stay together and with vehicle. This is just my personal input/opinion but if I wanted to be stuck together in a scripted out follow the train on the tracks firefight where I am not free to do as I need to do then I'd play more generic titles like battlefield. I apologize if I come off rude it just seemed a bit trolliish when you said you wanted to make the best tactical squad based FPS. But I do wish you luck my friend.

So... you want to make a cross between Battlefield/Call of Duty, and Project Reality, with the focus being on the Italian military, and the setting Libya? I doubt what you want could be accomplished in this engine, and anything approaching it would take a decade or two by yourself. Why not offer your services to the Pedagne mod, and help bring the Italian army into A3?

Hm... now you got my attention mate. Can't wait to see what you come up with, good luck!

ahah thanks mate eheh=D

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

I would have to agree greatly with Jackal.. We aren't trying to put you down but it sounds to me more like your hype training a project that even with a full team of experienced modders and scripters would take some time... I am curious about the forcing units to stay together and with vehicle. This is just my personal input/opinion but if I wanted to be stuck together in a scripted out follow the train on the tracks firefight where I am not free to do as I need to do then I'd play more generic titles like battlefield. I apologize if I come off rude it just seemed a bit trolliish when you said you wanted to make the best tactical squad based FPS. But I do wish you luck my friend.

thanks for suggestions mate,i share your opinion but i know that soldiers in war aren't usually single privates that go alone in a city to fight but they usually stay sticked togheter, usually protected by vehicles so technically its a way to make more funny and way more "coop" the game...n my opinion obviously but as soon as this should be my mod...;)

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

So... you want to make a cross between Battlefield/Call of Duty, and Project Reality, with the focus being on the Italian military, and the setting Libya? I doubt what you want could be accomplished in this engine, and anything approaching it would take a decade or two by yourself. Why not offer your services to the Pedagne mod, and help bring the Italian army into A3?

EHYEHYEHY...ehy...you dear, you know that when you pronounce "bf" and "cod" words the freaking end of the world come on me and you know...so stop doing that...if i wanted to play bf or cod i wouldnt be here ok? in addiction i don't like 'em as you could see from my hours spent in black ops 2 ...while i stopped playing bf with bf2. Anyway Arremba and Aspide dont surely need a beginner to complete their mod so, gd advice;) i would just need someone that helps me putiing a damn wall into the game via config: anyone that wants help will be free to join me to help is he wants.Greeds