Sign in to follow this  
dayglow

unable to play side missions

Decided to go back and try to campaign again now that A3 is more mature. I'm in the first part, the survive part of the campaign and it seems I can't play side missions. As soon as I walk into camp Maxwell it fades to black saying I have to attend the briefing and then it goes straight into the next mission. I completed The Blackhawk down mission and then it went straight into the Wet Works mission.

I know in the past that you could go scouting between his missions in the past. I even used a clean launch without any mods to see if there was a conflict, but even with no mods loaded Iwent straight into the briefing.

Has the structure of the campaign changed since I last played it?

Side mission are now unlocked as you complete scenario missions, and you can no longer choose their sequence. There's no point starting scouting untill you at least complete Blackfoot Down, due to how fast it starts. Other than that, briefing/armory section of mission starts by walking close to mission squadmates.

Well after Blackfoot down it went to the next mission, Camp Maxwell, where in the past I coukd bugger off and scout, but know as the intro walks you into camp it fads to black and starts the Wet Work mission brief. At no time do I have control of my character. :icon_wink:

I just finished a replay of Survive a couple of days ago (using stable build), and that didn't happen for me. After Blackfoot Down, when I returned to Maxwell there was plenty of time to walk around and "talk" to guys, who eventually chatted about side quests that one could tackle on scouting missions.

Did it fade to back even if you didn't walk near any people in Maxwell?

I have no control as all I get is the intro to maxwell as I walk in with the black bars top and bottom. As they move off the screen signifying I'm about to get control screen fades to black to go to the briefing for Wet Works. At no time I get control.

I tried to see if it was a mod causing this so I loaded a clean game with no mods and reverted back to the Maxwell mission and got the same result.

Uh-oh. That doesn't sound right. Have you verified your game cache? That fade to black should only occur when you get close to Miller, or when you go to where WP is guiding you, and you hear dialog from soldiers about starting main mission, "...You in, Kerry?" Then you can select a new option in Action menu to start briefing, or just go to Miller. Perhaps that new option in Action menu is being triggered immediately somehow? Have you changed your keyboard and/or mouse controls for anything related to Action menu?

Steam cache comes back 100% no files missing/corrupted. I've done a flaps capture and in the process of uploading to YouTube, but my shitty .5mb/s upload speed it's taking forever.

Can an anyone else confirm this with the latest stable build before I create a tracker for it?

The other way the briefing could start automatically is when a time limit is exceeded. I sometimes got a message saying that the briefing will start in 00:10 or something like that. I don't know for sure what starts that counter, and I never had the counter go to zero. I wonder if somehow that counter got messed up for you. What happens if you go back and replay the Maxwell session before Radio Silence? Do you still get thrown into the briefing? Do you see the countdown time value message?

You could try reverting to that Maxwell session (after Blackfoot Down and before Radio Silence) and see what happens...

Nope, exact same thing happens, it fades to black as soon as the intro of walking into the camp starts and I'm in the briefing for Radio Silence

Hey there,

I recently began playing arma 3, having played arms 2 on pc. Unfortunately I am no longer playing on pc and moved to mac (no hate) using parallels for arma 3. However, I have ran into the glitch where the map maxwell mission of the campaign does not load...i have looked online and it seems like i need to enter 'endmission' into the console. However, because I am using mac i can't open the console and therefore I can't play the campaign. Anyone got any ideas?? - sorry if its not directly related to the thread, just bummed i can't play because it is really good fun.

Don't need the console, just have to press 'shift' and the number pad '-' at the same time, then type 'endmission'