Sign in to follow this  
GAMEER_77

Music...

Yo! Anyone know of any places where we can download (For free) Music/sounds that we can use in our missions?

I know one: www.edgen.com smile.gif

Now, anyone else...

wow.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that we can sue in our missions?<span id='postcolor'>

A typo I guess smile.gif

www.billbrownmusic.com

Is very good.

RED

Oops! Bill Brown? Sounds like classical music to me, i'll have a look...

Anymore? smile.gif

WOW! Thats some good stuff RED, im gonna check out your site now Bigpoppa, keep 'em coming guys! wow.gif

Yes that guy did music for movies and games, great for missions.

RED

Downloaded almost all music from Edgen Animations, and everything from Bill Brown. Edgen was good, but Bill Brown was better, very nice. Gonna check bigpoppa's iuma.com also.

A few Q's for Red:

1. I have WinAmp but when i try and stream the music, WinAmp opens up the "Open File" window but no streaming. How do i stream it?

2. Did he make the music for the Playstation version of Rainbow six? If so, what song is the main menu? confused.gif

Thanks

And BigPoppa, that site kinda confuses me. tounge.gif Eeek!

wow.gif PEACE

1. I use musicmatch jukebox, so couldn't tell you about winamp.

2. I couldn't tell you, I don't have a playstation.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 29 2002,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And BigPoppa, that site kinda confuses me. tounge.gif Eeek!

wow.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

Once you get through it, it is very easy. I think that it is much harder to find the pearls wink.gif

I found once a nice Hammerfall-like track from "Denner". It's called "We will never die"

My advice is, that you just try through the genres and find any track that suits your needs!

When talking about music, I have a question. I'm trying to find out what music is used in a (MP)mission. The mission is called "The Rock (Full version)". I never saw credits or something in the mission, I just tried it. It was in German so never played it further. Tried do De-PBO it but couldn't use the Ogg file. Also there was no specific name used in the description.ext. That music was also used in Armed Forces (a mod) for Swat 3. Anyone know? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 30 2002,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mp3.com

Good range of bands...and best of all, all the music is there with the artists permission.<span id='postcolor'>

Too bad the music can't be in your mission without the artists permission!

Why not? Unless your selling missions...I suppose technically you're right, but the number of missions I've downloaded with big name artists music in them...the band would have to really anal like Metallica to mind... tounge.gif

I doubt they'll sue you, but it's a shame that it's still illegal. Unless you have their permission, of course. I wouldn't take the risk not asking first.

How would they be able to identify you? smile.gif It's not like you use your real name when you sign your missions, etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Sep. 30 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How would they be able to identify you? smile.gif It's not like you use your real name when you sign your missions, etc.<span id='postcolor'>

You're right. But I'm a bit biased since I'm a music maker myself. If someone asked me a permission to use one of my songs in an OFP mission I'd be honored. However, I'd be pissed if it was done without asking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spitfire @ Sep. 30 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Sep. 30 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How would they be able to identify you? smile.gif It's not like you use your real name when you sign your missions, etc.<span id='postcolor'>

You're right. But I'm a bit biased since I'm a music maker myself. If someone asked me a permission to use one of my songs in an OFP mission I'd be honored. However, I'd be pissed if it was done without asking.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, you should ask, and if they say No, you just do it anyway wink.gif

In any case, I put credits to the music maker in the intro or outro of a mission I've created, or in the briefing.

Ok, chaps  biggrin.gif  Let's keep on track, shall we?

Yes, there are a lot of tracks at MP3.com but, like iuma.com

, it's hard to tell whether or not the songs gonna be any good (Unless you stream it, which is not too easy on a 56k).

So, how about we make, maybe a list, of all the good songs?  smile.gif

wow.gif PEACE

How's it going for Aculand with his OFP mp song...? smile.gif

Acalaud hasn't posted in this thread. If i recall right it was spitfire who was a music writer.

Although this may be a personal message tounge.gif

wow.gif PEACE

Acalaud won't ever post again as he is banned. So we won't be able to hear the song.

RED