Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

C7a1, realism or compatability?

The big issue: realism versus compatability...

The next release of the C7 series will have some nifty features, as never seen before in Operation Flashpoint.

Keep posted!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ Sep. 28 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The big issue: realism versus compatability...

The next release of the C7 series will have some nifty features, as never seen before in Operation Flashpoint.

Keep posted!<span id='postcolor'>

Make it realistic.... however if you can make the rifles a bit smaller. They look huge in the game....more like 7.62mmNATO rifles or something. Of coarse the BIS M16's in OFP in general look too bulky. sad.gif

However it can be done. KKB made an outstanding M4 that had the correct size of the weapon and looked WAAAY more realistic (in size that is) then any other M4 or M16 that I have seen since in OFP.

So it can be done if you want to play around with that idea.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LSW?confused.gifconfused.gif

As in the Light support weapon used by the Brits?confused.gif

HAs that been released confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Sep. 28 2002,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LSW?confused.gifconfused.gif

As in the Light support weapon used by the Brits?confused.gif

HAs that been released confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, As in the C7 LSW.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As in the Light support weapon used by the Brits?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope. The C7 LSW

I like realism personally, but go with whatever works best in the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Sep. 28 2002,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Make it realistic....  however if you can make the rifles a bit smaller.  They look huge in the game....more like 7.62mmNATO rifles or something. Of coarse the BIS M16's in OFP in general look too bulky.   sad.gif

However it can be done.  KKB made an outstanding M4 that had the correct size of the weapon and looked WAAAY more realistic (in size that is) then any other M4 or M16 that I have seen since in OFP.  

So it can be done if you want to play around with that idea.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Size looks like it should be (had one myself when i was in the army). Just because its 5.56mm doesnt mean that its smaller.

Example with real life length.

C7 5.56mm is 1020mm - 102cm - 1.02m

HK G3 7.62mm is 1023mm - 102.3cm - 1.023m

So the HK G3 which is a 7.62mm weapon is only 3mm longer than the C7. So not really a point to say that its to big wink.gif

Talking about realism, huh?

Well, a C7 rifle in hands of a US infantryman isn't that realistic, or is it?

Do you plan to do something with that in the next release?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (.40S&W @ Sep. 29 2002,01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Talking about realism, huh?

Well, a C7 rifle in hands of a US infantryman isn't that realistic, or is it?

Do you plan to do something with that in the next release?<span id='postcolor'>

Of course not. Do you think I can create a whole bunch of soldiers just like that? I have a job and also have other hobbies than modelling. If you need anything soon, download Frandsens' Jaeger.

After I finish some more weapons, I will create Royal Netherlands' Marine Corps figures.

The Elcan is coming along nicely by the way.

Well, indeed my previous might looked bit offensive,i'm very sorry for this. I really do appreciate your hard work.

However, those C7 guns just beg for Canadian or Netherland units.

So what what about this Frandsens' Jaeger, any links?

Heh, addon altering (for personal use of course) is my hobby wink.gif

congrats on the nice add-on...are you going to make the C7+m203 too?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, those C7 guns just beg for Canadian or Netherland units.<span id='postcolor'>

Try the 'UN addon 2.0'. They have some good Canadian units, but the C7's they include are utter shite. Plus, the helmets are blue with the UN crest on them.

No modern Canadian platoon would be complete without C9's (FN Minimi w/ Elcan scope), C6's (FN-MAG), and some M-203's to go with the C7's

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDF @ Sep. 29 2002,05:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">congrats on the nice add-on...are you going to make the C7+m203 too?<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe at a later stage. I'm currently working on the FN MAG.