Sign in to follow this  
Ghost113

Blufor detected, Opfor unit gets in vehicle and runs

I've been having issues getting this to work in the mission I'm currently working on. It works fine if I don't use a detected trigger. Here's my setup:

Trigger that is set to go off when Blufor is detected

That trigger is sync'd to a hold WP right in front of the unit I want to run, then has 2 other WPs that have the unit go to the car.. then get in the car

The problem is, is when the unit detects the Blufor unit he either wants to shoot and ignores all the other WPs.. or if weapons are removed he just runs..

Anyone have any ideas on how else I can go about this? Any way to get this unit to ignore everyone and just go to the car when the trigger fires? I haven't been able to find any solutions through all my searching.

Thanks.

Set the waypoints to "CARELESS" and "NEVER FIRE"

Set the waypoints to "CARELESS" and "NEVER FIRE"

Yeah, tried that too. He just points his gun and tracks the Blufor units and never does anything else. Very frustrating!

Just to check, is your trigger "type" a switch trigger?

First, don't use a hold waypoint. I would recommend just using a regular move waypoint to a position right in front of the opfor unit. Make sure the waypoint is set to careless. The next waypoint should be the get in waypoint. Don't put a waypoint between the synced move waypoint and the get in waypoint. Then create the last waypoint at the location you want to unit to run to. I hope this helps and works.

Thanks for the input guys. Montgomery, I'll go ahead and give that shot and see how it works out.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Montgomery, it worked perfectly! Just changing the waypoint from Hold to Move did the trick. Guess that kind of makes sense.

Thanks.