Sign in to follow this  
ironmentalist

[WIP] New map incoming need help

http://i.imgur.com/PEMj3l3.png (142 kB) Thats my P drive if it helps. I think you have the A2 Tools you need A3 Tools. Easy, click tools from the library drop down in steam. Install ArmA 3 Tools in the list. If you need help setting up the P Drive just ask. Edited by StrangerADanger

no bro...i checked i had a3 tools:( ur screen is cool:'( why mine is different:(going to delete a2 oa...so we will se if something happens

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

p.s. i need help to set up my p drive if u can help me then thanks very mich;)

I think both Ironmentalist and StrangerADanger need to run Mikero's Arma3P, I don't see the A3 folder in either of their screenshots.

If you plan on using any of the Arma 3 assets on your terrains, then yeah, you'll need the PBO's unpacked that contain those assets.

Mikero's Arma3P automates that whole process for you and unpacks all the PBO's to the correct folders.

I'm running Arma3P myself atm (needed to anyway after the last update) and it's unpacking my pbo's no problem.

Anyway, I'm going to ask you a silly question. Could you verify that there is an Addons folder in that path: I:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

Weird, I have no idea what could cause that unless it's another case of UAC but I'm just guessing.

Comparing your screenshot to the arma3p.cmd, it seems you get to that point and stop there.

echo extracting the addons folder....
extractpbo -p "%_ARMA3PATH%\Addons" p:\
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto err

Yeah, This is my path I:\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons Hmph

That is not the same path as before: I:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

You may want to try validating your game data or removing the faulty registry key by hand but I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

@ironmentalist

Could you post your RPT? You can find it here: C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\Arma 3

@ironmentalist, I just took a look at your P:\ screenshot and I think you have the same problem that I had. Basically nowadays A3 tools doesn't actually mount the P:\ correctly at computers startup and that means that it shows some A2 related files there and it looks like it is mounted, but it is not actually. Go to A3 Tools and mount the P:\ drive again and all the A3 related stuff should appear like the new buldozer. Hope this helped.

it doesnt seem to exist:0

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

@kerkkoh i did it manually but i am having some trouble...i miss the "A3" folder in P so i tried to use mikero s but it shows an error :( Giallustio i followed yor. "address" but i cant find neither an AppData folder...ive an application data but it is odf Adobe media player?0_o

@ironmentalist

If it shows an error, it really helps if you would tell us what is. Just saying 'it shows an error' doesn't tell us anything.

And what do you mean by 'i did it manually'?

If you can't see the AppData folder, unhide hidden and system folders in Windows Explorer.

And for sake of completion, every time the Arma Tools get updated on my rig, I lose the P: drive, courtesy of BI so I put together a quick CMD script that'll restore it:

Swap out 'Z:\Users\TheEvilEye\Documents\ArmAWork' with your own path and that folder will get mounted as ze P-drive.

subst p: /d
pause
subst p: Z:\Users\TheEvilEye\Documents\ArmAWork

@BadLuck i posted a pic (low quality sorry) in the previous post so you can see the very exact words it shows me

it works now i can see the appdata thanks Bad;D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CVWTux7tl3w/VMOTn4je1YI/AAAAAAAADHo/oUPmo0SDMDQ/w1038-h584-no/15%2B-%2B1

@Colonel Giallustio

wtf my p drive disappeared my head is explodin AND THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

Edited by ironmentalist