Sign in to follow this  
m79

Anyone making galil

It would be nice to use as for militia type units and also for FIA troops.

Several Versions including a LSW one with a 50 rnd mag.

Info

Calibre - 5.56mm

Weight - 4.63kg

Length - 979mm

Effective range - 600m

ROF - 650 rpm

MV - 980m per second

Feed - 35 or 50 rnd mag.

damm forgot about that one (sniper version)

lb-mod should probably be makin one.... its the only mod that really needs it i think:)

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 29 2002,15wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Standard rifle of the IDF...<span id='postcolor'>

not

the standard IDF rifle is the colt's m4 and its derivates

though it's the standard rifle of the south african army

maybe it was the standard rifle in the 60's/70's but not today

So all that aside is anyone doing one?

I still see pics of Israeli troops with them

or is it just old pics smile.gif

i am pretty sure i saw a galil and lsw or sniper version that vipersheart was making...he showed the pics on irc a few months ago

That sounds positive, hope he carries through with them

why are there so many pics on isayeret.com where the soldiers have no mag in the guns? never seen something like this on other sites...

like this:

car15-4.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Sep. 30 2002,09:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why are there so many pics on isayeret.com where the soldiers have no mag in the guns? never seen something like this on other sites...<span id='postcolor'>

Whether or not a soldier carries a rifle with a magazine inserted into it depends on where they are at, and what the threat level is in the area they are in. That soldier may have been in a relatively "safe" area and the magazine may not be inserted for safety reasons.

Although if he is in a dangerous area, then he's just stupid not having the magazine in inserted into the magazine well of the rifle. Takes about one second to work the charging handle to chamber a round in a M16 or M4.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

M79 - some IDF units do still use the Galil, but only a handful..some Israeli civil agencies (that sometimes look just like the military in pictures) also have Galils in their armoury.

The IDF found it cheaper to have the US provide 1000s of short M-16 variants (at first CAR-15s, now M-4s) than to buy local products..of course this has recently changed back again as politicians have forced them to start buying the Tavor Bullpup..now it looks like they'll officially use both as the standard weapon...somehow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The truth is that the M16 is by far the more superior weapon. It's lighter, more accurate, more versatile, and with proper maintenance it is very reliable. Indeed, it might be less sand proof then the Galil/AK47 series. However, all you need is to clean it once a day and it will work like a charm.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL LOL LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In fact, most of the myth regarding the unreliability of the M16 date back to the Vietnam War when the M16 was first issued.<span id='postcolor'>

so why they compare 1990 M16 with 1947!!! model of AK47 ? Still can't catch AK quality ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Sep. 29 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 29 2002,15<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Standard rifle of the IDF...<span id='postcolor'>

not

the standard IDF rifle is the colt's m4 and its derivates

though it's the standard rifle of the south african army<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, Not "NOT".

The Galil was standard carry for Israel in the early 80's, and I don't remember Israel having any M16A2's in 1985 when the United States Marine Corps and Army started getting them. This means that, at best, the IDF had M16A1's to supplement their supply of Galil's and Israeli FN-FAL's in 1985. And really, this is the way I remember it, back in '85.

For about a decade the Galil was considered the best assault rifle in the world. See the movie "Renaissance Man" and behold the reputation that the Galil had even in the United States Army. It was a mating of the AK and the M16, just as the Valmet was (another assault rifle considered top-of-the-line). The Enfield Bullpup and the FAMAS both existed around the same time, but the Enfield had problems and the FAMAS didn't get much circulation.

The Galil was also popular with mercenaries, and with good reason.

The M4 wasn't out in 1985.

--Uziyahu_IDF

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Oct. 01 2002,07:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The truth is that the M16 is by far the more superior weapon. It's lighter, more accurate, more versatile, and with proper maintenance it is very reliable. Indeed, it might be less sand proof then the Galil/AK47 series. However, all you need is to clean it once a day and it will work like a charm.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL LOL LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In fact, most of the myth regarding the unreliability of the M16 date back to the Vietnam War when the M16 was first issued.<span id='postcolor'>

so why they compare 1990 M16 with 1947!!! model of AK47 ?  Still can't catch AK quality ?<span id='postcolor'>

My experience with both the M16A1 and M16A2 is that they jam at the most inopportune times, even when immaculately cleaned.

I'd take an M16 only because I've been trained on it; otherwise, I'd take an AK over an M16, any day. I'd take a Galil over them both.