Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

Splendid Camera Removes Fog

Hey chaps!

Can't believe I haven't noticed this in over a year of frequently using the Splendid camera for screenshots. Did anybody else notice it removes fog when activated? Pretty annoying when one wants to capture a particularly foggy scene for an overview pic or a just a cool screenshot. Are there known workarounds? I can set the overcast within the camera but there's no option for fog.

I guess you could run a script that detects key presses using "KeyDown"/"KeyUp" eventhandlers. [sHIFT/+] for more fog, [sHIFT/-] for less fog.

That's assuming splendid camera is a display and you could find its displayID somehow to attach event handlers to.

I wrote something similar for detecting key-presses in the ZGM interface and it worked well.

---------- Post added at 05:14 ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 ----------

Also I remember seeing fog parameter sliders in this

, not sure how he pulled it off.

---------- Post added at 05:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

It's weird since I just ran a small test with fog = 1 and splendid camera did not remove the fog at all. Bug?

That's kind of strange.

There are some scene settings on one side of the interface to adjust weather and lighting.

I hope it only removes the fog locally? Would be a serious bug if opening that Rsc removed fog over network. Always been afraid to tweak the weather settings in MP through that interface, and never bothered to go look at which it actually does.

Hi,

the Splendid camera shouldn't be adjusting fog in any way. When I'm trying it on my PC (Steam Dev), fog remains unchanged after entering the camera.

How are you setting fog? What's its value after entering the camera (check using fogParams command)? Are you running any mods which could change the camera script (check the path in functions viewer)?

First of all, thanks for your replies, much appreciated!

So, I did a few tests. I was indeed running a buttload of mods and tried to take the shots on a custom map with a snow script running. However, I've turned everything off, even tried a clean start without mods on Atlis - no change. Then I started to mess around with the fog values (had fog and overcast set to 50 in the editor). The mission started foggy, fogParams were fine as well. Then turned on the cam, fog disappears, fogParams set to 0. Experimented some more with actual fog and forecast values and it seems like the Splendid Camera changes to the forecasted values when opened. So, setting fog and forecast both to 100 works fine, fog 100 forecast 50 turns fog to 50 - fog 50 and forecast 0 (my original settings) and fog disappears.

Problem solved and please forgive me my stupidity for I haven't noticed before. Thanks again!