Sign in to follow this  
lenymo

Couple issues with dedicated server

So I am having a few issues with our dedicated server. Nothing major (At least for right now) but any light that can be shed on this would be appreciative.

Originally when we started out server we were using TADST, and we have the TADST profile in the Arma 3 root directory. Since then we have moved to an Auto Restart bat file and also moved to a SSD for the game files. When attempting to download the server files to the SSD it appears to have downloaded the full game. I did run the SteamCMD to try and attain the server files, and I created a new steam account for the files. Upon receiving the prompt for the validation key, I did not receive anything from Steam with this information. (From what I have read it's supposed to be an automated email but can't confirm) After attempting this 2-3 times I decided to sign in to my own steam account (With a valid copy of Arma 3) which then proceeded to download the full game. (Taking up 15 GB of our SSD)

The other issue that I am seeing is that the RPT logs for the server seem to be defaulting back to the original TADST folder within the Arma 3 directory. I can not find anywhere that this is referenced as the location for the RPT logs and any information would be helpful.

Not sure about the Steam issues.. .perhaps try deleting all A3 files and re-download the server files only (Under Tools in Steam Library - or use SteamCMD) - should be about 2GB. I'm trying to recall but I don't think there is a verification key for the server install.

For your RPT files try adding the -profile parameter to your startup line and pointing it to the server root directory... ie: -profile=E:\path\to\a3serverroot

I have the -profile specified within the startup parameters of the server, still cant figure out why not logs are being created...

I will try to download the server files again. From what I understand that A3 needed a validation key for the server files....I will have to look into that again.

After looking in Steam, the Arma 3 server option is now available (Dont know what changed) and I was able to download the 2.4 GB of server files without an issue. I think our SSD will be quite happy about that.

Still trying to figure out why the RPT logs are reverting back to the TADST folder (Steam/steamapps/common/Arma3/TADST/Default) rather then the new installation location or the profile location anyone have any ideas?

Edited by lenymo

The RPT problem is strange especially if you have -profile=path\to\a3\root set in your start up line.. this should force the game to write logs to that location. Perhaps a permissions problem?

You could also post a clean RPT file here after startup perhaps there would be some helpful info there...

I haven't seen any new RPT logs generated for a few days now, even though the server has been restarted and crashed a few times in the interim.