Sign in to follow this  
liamgibs

Hatchet Swing Animation

Hello!

Okay, Im working on a mod. In this mod I would like a hatchet. I got the hatchet damage system ect ect, However at the moment the hatchet just floats their. I would like it so when I shoot a swing animation would occur, However I am highly confused how I would do so. If someone could point me a direction or help me out that would be great. :)

I'm trying to do the same thing. Can you post what you have so far? I'll post my results if I can get something working too.

Well you would need to create the animation, which is tedious but not to hard. Then you will need a way to fire that animation AND utilize your damage system. Perhaps speak with the guys that made the MOCAP melee addon, they might be a big help

I'm trying to do the same thing. Can you post what you have so far? I'll post my results if I can get something working too.

At the moment Im pretty much just making a pistol, [Look at the Samples_F/Weapons folder for an example], I am then creating a custom Magazine to hold my custom bullets. I am then pretty much making the max [Distance] of the bullet can travel 1 meter.

I just need to work out not how to add the swing animation. :)

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Well you would need to create the animation, which is tedious but not to hard. Then you will need a way to fire that animation AND utilize your damage system. Perhaps speak with the guys that made the MOCAP melee addon, they might be a big help

Alright thanks. :)

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

Okay, I think I have it sorted, You need to right a script using https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Fired and when it gets trigged > Play Animation. :)

How do you restrict the max distance of the bullet? I haven't found an entry for that.

minimum time distance for 1 bullet to exist is 1s

that means set velocity so the it ends at the distance you want after 1s, or/and trial& error with the bullet drag coefficient

Perhaps speak with the guys that made the MOCAP melee addon, they might be a big help

hardly... the one who did it had almost no idea what he was doing