Sign in to follow this  
[csla]zerxen2

CWR2 mod wrong signature or Battleye whitelist a single file signature failure?

Hello all,

I am trying to start a small public server for my favorite CWR2 mod, here is work in progress:

http://arma.networkgeekstuff.com

However, I have a problem with the mod itself in that in the current version 1.0 I assume someone made a mistake and a signature file cwr2_data3d.pbo.cwr2.bisign is wrongly named as cwr2_data3d.cwr2.bisign (missing the pbo) part. On the community page I offer the file for download in correct name or telling people to rename it in their mod addons folder, but I expect this will hurt the people base that they cannot join server with vanilla CWR2 mod without beying kicked off by battleye.

Does anyone know how to whitelist a file in battleye so that one particular file can fail signature check? While still checking all the other files?

With regards,

ZerXen

Why don't you contact CWR2 team and report this problem or ask for a fix? I suppose they don't want others to modify their work.

Why don't you contact CWR2 team and report this problem or ask for a fix? I suppose they don't want others to modify their work.

Actually since CWR2 was not updated for such a long time, I assumed that I am the one doing something wrong or why else would such a base signature problem was not fixed yet :). But in any case your advise was transformed to this : http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=174054

Maybe someone will reply from the team, but despite that, I would be eager if there is still a way how to workaround this "one file" signature check without disabling battleye completely.

Yes, W0lle responded that the signature will be fixed in next release in spring and put the correct signature name in the nightly builds ... which is you know ... GREAT :)

I will check that nightly build and start pointing people towards that instead of V1.0....

.... updating server as well right now :)