Sign in to follow this  
haleks

Getting rid of useless radio chatter

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a small addon to fix the annoying sentences that can be heard as soon as your squad is in stealth or danger mode ("Cover me!", "moving!" and such).

I think I've found the file responsible for this behaviour : have a look at "A3\characters_f\scripts\comm.fsm".

Looks like the sentences are launched with those : _who groupChat "Reloading! Cover me!" (This one is actually a bit usefull; I don't feel like removing it), _who groupChat "Running!" and _who groupChat "Covering!".

But, for the life of me, I can't figure out where this FSM file is launched from, so I have no idea how I could overwrite it...

Anyone with a clue? Disabling this chatter would greatly increase immersion and make SP sessions much more enjoyable (after that, we still need to fix the AI calling out the same targets every few secondes, but that's another story!).

Edited by Pepe Hal

Have you seen this?

Thanks, I didn't know this mod - but I just tried it and it completely disables the radio protocol. While it is fine for Coop missions, it is not what I'm looking to achieve for SP.

I'd just like to remove the useless chatter while leaving the rest of the radio protocol intact.

Edit : Crap, looks like it's not the file to edit : I just repacked Characters_f.pbo with an edited FSM and it doesn't work...

I'll keep looking - it is probably handled by kbTell somewhere in those functions...

Edited by Pepe Hal

Good luck with that!

Well, I think I just did it! :D

It is kinda an accident though : I fiddled with radio protocol config and expected to disable the combat shouts for the stealth mode only - turns out that I completely disabled those, both combat & stealth...

But it works!!! And they still use the rest of the protocol correctly : reporting targets, acknowledging orders etc...

Anyway I'll keep fiddling!:p

EDIT : ...I can most likely make a config for each side.:cool:

EDIT : And a new addon is out.:rolleyes:

Edited by Pepe Hal